So, here we are checking in on past bucket lists and making additions and modifications as necessary. Bucket lists are kind of my jam. I think they are great for goal setting, but also FUN stuff. My bucket lists may be a little different than others.
I have local bucket lists of places I want to eat, bucket lists of things I want to do and achieve, and obviously, places I want to go. The whole premise of starting this blog was that life is FUN and wanting to document it.
Here’s a look back at my bucket list from last summer.
2. Start my own Private Practice – Sort of in the process of doing so! I currently do see clients in the Charlotte area and VIRTUALLY! I’m working on making a more official site, so look for that in the coming months.
3. Go sky diving
4. Hike part of the Appalachian Trail
5. Go on a 50 mile bike ride
6. Host an epic dinner party – I’ve been to some, but haven’t hosted yet!
7. Start a garden
8. Try cross country skiing
9. Do a sprint triathalon
10. Brew my own kombucha – This has been on my mind lately, but still haven’t tried it
11. Stay in a bed and breakfast in Maine and explore Acadia National Park
12. Take a hot air balloon ride (over somewhere pretty, like here)
13. Drive across the country
14. Make pasta from scratch. Gotta do it once, right?
15. Go deep sea fishing
16. Have kids – Coming April 2018
17. Make my own sushi
18. Adopt a rescue dog – She wasn’t exactly a rescue dog, but we have Tater! I can’t believe how little she once was.
19. Food tour in Charlotte (crazy to think I haven’t done this yet)
21. Do a marathon in another country (perhaps this one).
23. Say YES for an entire week (Isn’t this a challenge, but fun to think about?)
24. Go sailing
26. Take a cooking class – I took a Sur la Table cooking class, but hope to do another!
27. Learn more about wine
28. Reteach myself to play the piano
29. Be a mentor to someone
30. See the Northern Lights
So, I’d say I’m doing okay. Still a lot left to do and accomplish, which is exciting to me. Although, as the family expands, I realize some of these goals may take longer than anticipated. Here’s an updated fall/winter bucket list.
Fall and Winter 2017 Bucket List
Fun Bucket List
- Carve pumpkins – did that last weekend!
- Hiking (Especially as running gets tougher, I’d like to check out some newer local trails)
- Make a snowman (I haven’t done this in forever!)
- Cuddle up to a fire and some hot chocolate
- Make homemade bread – DONE (made sourdough using this tutorial)
- Buy gifts for the less fortunate and donate them
- Volunteer somewhere
- Go to a new local farmer’s market (As much as I love my local one, there’s a bigger one down in Charlotte I should get to) – DONE
- Go to a cooking class – Sur La Table cooking classes are very fun!
- Try a new workout – spin? Don’t think I’m ready for prenatal yoga yet, but something different would be nice.
- Local Food Tour
- Try some new local brunch spots
- Make homemade ice cream (I need to get an ice cream maker to do this!)
Professional Bucket List
- Launch a new private practice website
- Update the blog/maybe new logo?
- Secure freelance contracts leading into 2018
- Find a mentor/be a mentor
- Continue with Mastermind groups – those are life savers!
Baby Bucket List
….More posts on this to come!
Do you have an ice cream maker? Do you recommend it?
What’s on your fall and winter bucket list?