Hey there! Just poppin’ in for a quick recipe.
I’ve made simple pancakes with just banana and an egg before. They’re good and functional… but sometimes they lack the flavor I seek. These babes are almost as easy. They only require 4 key ingredients, plus a few spices.
As is the sad case, I spotted a few browning bananas the other morning, which is how these babes were born. I’ve already eaten 73621 cookies so I wanted something else. I already had a quiche bakin’ for brunch so I figured why not add some pancakes? And take advantage of the griddle.
The coconut flour is high in protein and fiber and makes the pancakes rather fluffy and light. The cocoa powder adds a nice chocolatey flavor as well as some antioxidants, like selenium, and even modest amounts of iron, copper and magnesium.
Plus, just one tablespoon of cocoa powder offers 2 grams of fiber! Boo yea.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Mash bananas in small bowl until smooth and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon and cocoa powder. Add banana mixture until well combined.
- Add in coconut flour, mix, and fold in chocolate chips. Allow batter to set and thicken for 3-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat griddle or pan over medium heat. When ready to cook, add 1-2 tsps of coconut oil or butter.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 18gProtein: 7g
I’ll be back tomorrow with some WIAW eats. Have a great day!