Good morning! I hope you’re feeling rather kind this morning because I have a favor to ask you.
There is a reader survey at the end of this post. I would love to make Bucket List Tummy better for you and I want to know what YOU are interested in reading, so I would really really appreciate if you would share your opinions with me.
1. Happy Hour on Friday after my last client. There’s no better way to start the weekend, am I right?
2. I hosted an early morning sports nutrition focused running chat at Run For Your Life on Saturday morning. It was a very interactive group for 6:30 am, which makes it more fun!
3. Knocked out my longest run to date, 16 miles, with a training group. My fueling plan seemed to work really well. I had 1/2 PBJ before my talk and then about an hour later, I had the other 1/2 of my PBJ before the run. Around mile 8, I needed some more fuel, and had some Sports Beans. I had half of a huma gel at mile 11, and the other half at mile 14. Since I did this with a training group, we stopped at water stops often, so I was also well hydrated!
4. Made this lovely and super tasty smoothie bowl after my run.
5. Met up with Sara from Oats and Rows for a blogger lunch at Sabor! PS – she is launching an ONLINE personal training program. I think it’s such a great idea – being able to provide workouts and accountability virtually. Check it out here!
I had so much trouble deciding what to order, but I eventually decided on the empanada with chorizo, a fish taco, and yukka fries. Everything was delicious, but the yukka fries won me over.
6. I lounged. Alot. Caught up on my netflix shows and reading. I just started this book and I think it’s going to be a game changer in terms of writing about food.
Also ate a lot of food and iced in the hours I lived on the couch.
7. There was an outdoor summer festival at D9 Brewing with live music and food trucks, so I stopped by there for a little bit with some friends.
I barely left the house on Sunday, except for a brief shakeout run. It was so nice to knock out a bunch of laundry, cleaning and meal prep. Also, I finished photographing a sweet potato recipe I’m sharing with ya’ll Wednesday! For dinner on Sunday, I made hemp crusted tofu from Dixya’s blog, which I highly recommend if you’re looking at a tasty way to include tofu in your diet. More about that in my vegetarian recipes round up!
So, that’s a pretty standard weekend over here – maybe a little more lowkey than others, but definitely welcomed.
If you have a minute or two, I would really really appreciate your feedback. I created this quick 9 question reader survey. My aim is to learn what you guys like and don’t like, or what you want to see moving forward!
If it doesn’t work on your mobile phone, you can also click here.
Thank you so much in advance – I really appreciate your feedback! 🙂
What did you do this weekend?
What’s the best thing you ate?