How was your weekend? This was our first weekend with BOTH of us here in Maryland together with Camryn so we had fun doing some exploring!
Before I share our weekend recap, I want to share about some of the best Amazon Prime deals going on today and tomorrow. I don’t know if you get as excited about PRIME DAY as I do, but it’s a great opportunity to find killer deals.
Last year, we got Arlo cameras for our house and Camryn’s convertible all-in-one carseat for a ridiculously discounted price and I’ll be on the hunt for some similar baby deals this time around. Looks like they have a great deal on this 3-in-1 carseat.
Another baby item I’m eyeing is this potty training toilet! I know that’s going to come up on us quickly for Camryn.
From my searching so far, here are some of my favorite health/nutrition deals.
Prime Day Health, Food and Nutrition Finds
- Handheld Spiralizer. I love mine for making these zucchini salmon patties.
- 4 piece cast iron cookset – Always recommend having at least one cast iron skillet.
- Prepdeck Meal Prep Station – We actually were gifted this for Christmas but it was out of stock. It just came back and was delivered to my inlaws house. I can’t wait until I start using it.
- Air fryers are all the rage right now. If you have one on your list, today is the day to get one!
- TRUWOMEN Plant Fueled Protein Cookies – New company launching on prime day, sounds interesting and tasty for a snack or post workout. They are made with pea protein, so a great plant-based option.
- Oats Overnight – I’ve actually tried this brand before. I tried a chocolate peanut butter and loved that all I had to do was add milk the night before and keep it in the fridge in the packet. So you don’t have to worry about tupperware, bowls or jars or anything. They have options made with whey protein and dairy-free options made with pea protein as well. I think these would be great for traveling before a race!
Running Products and Finds
- Collapsible Water Bottle – This would be great for running, traveling, and/or having while doing laps around a track.
- Garmin Watches up to 50% off – The Forerunner 35 and Vivoactive 3 (on my want list!)
Okay, so now a recap of our weekend, which kind of started on Thursday.
On Thursday, Ed and I had date night at a spot in Frederick called Isabella’s, with delicious Spanish tapas. I know I’m going to have fun exploring the food scene here but it will be a slow process and that’s okay.
We also got a charcuterie board and pre-dinner drink at Hootch and Banter. I loved their cocktail list and I’m sure we will be back there!
On Friday, we went to a playground in the morning and then just hung around the house and neighborhood pool. I made nachos for dinner on Friday night and was reminded why I don’t do this more!
It’s so easy. Just layer chips, protein source (we did beans and chicken), cheese, any veggies you have on hand (we had spinach, but corn/onions/peppers would be delish), and more cheese. Pop in the oven. I baked mine at 350 for like 10 minutes.
I’ve been really into sheetpan tacos/nachos/meals lately.
On Saturday, we checked out a local farmer’s market. It was super small but came home with some cinnamon buns, rainbow carrots and fresh fruit.
On Sunday, we did a little family hike in Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia. I did not realize how much history that town has but it’s such a neat, historic downtown. I hope we go back to do more there.
It was so hot so we limited our hike to 2 miles. Plus, Camryn is in this weird in between stage where she’s almost too big for the Ergo, but not big/old enough to walk enough on her own. I think we really need to get this for our future hiking adventures.
And then we came home and did some meal prep with what we had on hand. I didn’t make it to the grocery store on Sunday like I’d hoped, so I’ll go today or tomorrow.
I roasted these carrots from the farmers market and we made pizza and had leftovers.
How was your weekend?!
This post contains affiliate links which means I may make a small commission on any products you buy. Thank you for supporting the blog!