Updated May, 2022
Disclaimer and Medical Release of Liability
Please note, I am a Registered Dietitian, but I am your dietitian. The information I share on this blog is meant to provide education, inspiration and insight for nutrition and fitness educational purposes only. In reading this blog, Bucket List Tummy (the “Company”), www.bucketlisttummy.com (the “Website”), you understand that it does not constitute a client-provider relationship. It is not a substitute or replacement for medical advice, medical nutrition therapy, or individualized nutrition counseling.
You should always speak with your primary healthcare provider before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle. The Website make no representations or warranties in relation to the medical, fitness, lactation, or nutrition information on the Website.
I own my own content, photography, and recipes. Please be courteous, respectful, and refrain from using it as your own. Please be respectful of my time and work if featuring my content. Simply reach out to me and/or link back to my site and let me know.
Unless otherwise noted, the design, content and all components of the Website are copyrights owned by Bucket List Tummy or third parties and are protected by United States and international copyright laws and should not be reused or republished without express written permission.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Bucket List Tummy may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 21, 2018. If the content of this Policy is updated, the date of the most recent update will be indicated at the top of this policy, and a notification will be given via email and/or via a notification when you next visit the site. Continuing to use the site after receiving this notification means you have read and agree to the new Policy.
If you do not agree to any of the changes, you may have your information and email removed at any time by emailing [email protected] and refraining from visiting this Website again.
What Personal Data We Collect
This Website may collect the following personal and non-personal information:
- Personal information may include name and email address, which you voluntarily provide to us when you choose to opt-in for a free download or participate in a survey. If you choose to send us emails, any personal information you disclose will also be stored on our email server. If you opt-in to receive our newsletter, the option to unsubscribe will be included in every single e-mail.
- Non-Personal information may include IP address, the type of device Website was accessed on, the city the website was accessed from, the type of browser used, the way you navigated our Website, and the content you viewed or interacted with. Non-personal information is only analyzed in an aggregate manner, and cannot be linked to any one individual. Non-personal information has no personal identifiers linked to it and is completely anonymous.
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: The Website may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form
- Information We Collect from Others: The Website may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: The Website automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, The Website will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. The Website may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked. Non-personal information is only analyzed in an aggregate manner, and cannot be linked to any one individual. Non-personal information has no personal identifiers linked to it and is completely anonymous.
- Cookies: The Website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. The Website may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How the Information Is Used
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We may use the information to:
- Operate and maintain the Website.
- Improve our products and services.
- To periodically send you promotional information, such as newsletters, or emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To track and measure advertising on the Website
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activiy
- We may use aggregate demographic information to share with third parties for sponsored content opportunities.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In compliance with the European Union legislation, we inform you that our website will store some information about your preferences on your own computer inside a tiny file called a ‘cookie’.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like. A third-party website called aboutcookies.org has been set up to help you with instructions how you can do that on various browsers.
1) Identify you as a returning user and to count your visits in our traffic statistics analysis;
2) Remember your custom display preferences;
3) Suggest any recent searches you’ve made on our site
4) Other usability features including tracking whether you’ve already given your consent to cookies
Enabling cookies from our website is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
- This Website also uses Facebook pixels to understand who has visited our site, allow us to present relevant ads to those people on Facebook at a later date, and to track who saw our Facebook ads and then visited our site afterward. This helps us understand which types of ads are connecting with people, and which ones aren’t, so we can improve our marketing efforts. We reserve the right to implement pixels from other social platforms in the future, as they become available.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. We do this so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our Website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Personal information will be stored until one of the following: 1) you request for your information to be deleted, 2) we discontinue our use of the third-party tools that collected the data, or 3) we decide that the value of the information storage no longer outweighs the costs.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Third Party Advertising
We may have third-party advertising companies serving ads to you when you visit our website. These companies may store information about your visits to our website and to other websites in order to provide you with relevant advertisements about goods and services. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Convert Kit – We use Convert Kit to store email addresses and send out monthly newsletters
- Mediavine – We use Mediavine to display advertisements on this site.
These companies may employ cookies and other identifiers to gather information which measures advertising effectiveness. The information is generally not personally identifiable unless, for example, you provide personally identifiable information to them through an ad or an e-mail message.
Information Gathered by Third Party Advertisers
Cookies enable advertisers to learn about what ads you see, what ads you click, and other actions you take on our site and other sites. This allows advertisers to provide you with more useful and relevant ads. For example, if they know what ads you are shown while visiting our site, they can be careful not to show you the same ones repeatedly. They do not associate your interaction with unaffiliated sites with your identity in providing you with interest-based ads.
We do not provide any personal information to advertisers or to third party sites. Advertisers and other third-parties (including the ad networks, ad-serving companies, and other service providers they may use) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content is directed towards (for example, readers in the Pacific Northwest who read certain types of articles). Also, some third-party cookies may provide them with information about you (such as the sites where you have been shown ads or demographic information) from offline and online sources that they may use to provide you more relevant and useful advertising.
If you would like to learn more about what options you have about limiting the gathering of information by third-party ad networks, you can consult the website of the Network Advertising Initiative.
You can opt out of participating in interest-based advertising networks but opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the companies from which you opted out will no longer customize ads based on your interests and web usage patterns using cookie-based technology.
We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect, save and except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
(a) Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Website, with whom we may share the information we have collected. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ. Additionally, for example, we may use analytic or marketing services such as Google Analytics, Google Adsense, Taboola, or RevContent, to which collection you hereby unconditionally consent.
(b) Where required by law: We may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
(c) Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties, including but not limited to for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
(d) Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
Choices and How To Opt Out Of Interest-Based Advertising:
(b) Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertising by Third Parties
This website may permit third parties to collect information on its Site and combine that information with other information collected on non-affiliated websites or applications over time. These third parties may use technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect information about Consumers’ or Customers’ use of the Site in order to analyze, report on, or customize content or advertising on the this website or on other sites, or to help us operate and improve the Site. To find out more about interest-based advertising in the web environment, and how to opt-out of information collection for this purpose by companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance, visit NAIís opt-out page or DAAís Consumer Choice Page.
As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.
Occasionally, my posts may contain affiliate links, meaning I will receive a small commission on sales generated by your clicks/purchases via certain links on this site. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Income from affiliate links is used to run and maintain Bucket List Tummy.
However, please note that most things I link to on this blog are not affiliate links. I would only link to products or services that I would use myself or recommend to friends/family, and think would be a good fit for readers. Posts containing affiliate links will be disclosed as such at the bottom of the post.
Sometimes I receive products/services compliments of various companies. I only feature products/services that I love and stand behind. All sponsored posts are explicitly disclosed and will contain my honest opinion.
Thank you for reading and supporting Bucket List Tummy!
From time to time, the Websites may post sponsored content from an advertiser. This means that an advertiser, which may be a brand, agency, or influencer network, will contract with Bucket List Tummy to create content featuring certain messages or product placement. Pursuant to the FTC’s requirements, all such advertisements on the Websites are clearly and conspicuously disclosed.
Even though compensation (e.g., cash, free product, or services) is received for in exchange for this sponsored content placement, Bucket List Tummy gives its honest opinion, findings, beliefs, or experiences in such content. All views expressed on the Website are those of the content creator. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
The Websites were developed strictly for informational purposes. You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your use of the information provided on the Websites. Bucket List Tummy makes no representations, warranties or guarantees. You understand that results may vary from person to person. Bucket List Tummy assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in the Websites.
Limitation of Liability
Bucket List Tummy will not be liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive or special damages of any kind, however caused, including loss of profits, revenue, data or use, incurred by you, whether under theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or otherwise, even if the other party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact me at [email protected].
Policies updated: October 18, 2021