These vegan protein bites are the perfect, kid-friendly on the go snack! Full of flavor, fiber and a hint of sweetness, these flaxseed protein balls are nutritious, easy and delicious!
You guys are going to love these peanut butter no bake bites I’m sharing today. They’re full of nutrient-dense ingredients, like oats, nut butter, chia seeds, flaxseeds and more.
They are the perfect balance of delicious and they make no bake protein bites look really easy.
I’m slowly working through my blog goals/resolutions to update some of my older recipe photos. Let’s be honest – people pick food based on photos.
These peanut butter energy bites continue to be one of my favorite snack recipes. I made a bunch this weekend as part of my toddler snack collection but it’s safe to say I munched on most of these.
Part of me thinks I should keep making things in bulk to freeze for when baby gets here (like my 50+ freezer friendly meals), but the other part of me knows that snacks like this don’t last for long around our house.
What You Need For Vegan Protein Bites
To make these vegan, gluten free energy balls, you just need a handful of ingredients. If you don’t have hemp, chia or flax seeds, you can leave them out or swap with adding extra of one of them.
They don’t really change the taste, but add some texture and a ton of omega 3’s + nutrition!
- peanut butter
- hemp seeds
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- dried cherries (love this brand because it has no added sugar or oils)
Let’s talk about the dried cherries – they are fantastic. I always have some dried fruit on hand for long runs (instant glucose). Plus, cherries can be great for reducing inflammation.
I pair these vegan energy bites with my tart cherry gummies for lasting recovery.
One other note about these ingredients. If you suffer from FODMAP intolerance, dates can be problematic as a source of fructans, so it’s nice to know these are no date energy balls!
How To Make Peanut Butter Protein Bites
To get started, you will need a food processor for this recipe because it does all the work for you. I recommend this one.
Especially since it broke and Kitchen Aid sent me a replacement. Pretty awesome customer service.
To make, you’ll just mix all of the ingredients together, pulse for a few minutes and you’re done!
These flaxseed protein balls are perfect for quick, on-the-go snack ideas. Or, a fun accompaniment to your salad, oatmeal or yogurt.
They also pose as ideal pre- and post-workout snacks for athletes.
They check ALL of the boxes.
Finally, just make sure to allow these guys to sit in the fridge to firm them up a bit, but they can be ready in under an hour!
If the mix seems too dry, you can add more honey or maple syrup if needed.
Why You Need These Vegan Energy Bites:
First off, these gluten free no bake energy bites are full of superfoods! Just remember to use certified gluten free oats if you have a gluten allergy or sensitivity.
They are also:
- full of omega 3’s (healthy fats that help decrease inflammation)
- a plant-based protein source
- easy to freeze for later
- an easy chia bites recipe!
- a great accompaniment to any lunch box
- vegan and gluten-free
- a healthy snack for kids and adults alike
So many reasons to love these kid friendly no bake energy bites.
It’s hard to go wrong with energy bites with oatmeal and peanut butter. This banana chia seed pudding is another favorite!
- Stir all ingredients, except the dried cherries, in a medium bowl or pulse in a food processor on low.
- Transfer mixture to a small to medium bowl, adding cherries in last.
- Cover and let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes to make the mixture easier to hold and handle.
- Form into 1” balls. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to a week.
*you may need to add extra honey or maple syrup if the mix seems too dry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- KitchenAid KFP1466CU 14-Cup Food Processor with Exact Slice System and Dicing Kit - Contour Silver
- Spectrum Essentials Organic Ground Flaxseed, 24 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- Nutiva Organic Premium Black Chia Seeds, 32 Ounce
- Nutiva Organic Raw Shelled Hempseed from non-GMO, Sustainably Framed Canadian Hemp, 19 Ounce
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g
Want More Snack Recipes?
- The Best 4 ingredient trail mix
- Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Sweet potato coconut energy bites
- Chocolate peanut butter coconut bites
- Chocolate Pomegranate Energy bites
- Salted Cinnamon Peanut Butter
- Maple Cinnamon Granola
As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. This does not change your price of purchasing, it just helps me reinvest in the blog so it can remain free to you.
What’s your favorite dried fruit? I love raisins, dates and dried mango (that stuff is addicting!)