This easy chicken and veggie egg noodle stir fry is a pantry-friendly recipe and comes together in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. It’s great for a weeknight, kid-friendly, or post workout meal!
Thank you to Naked Truth Chicken for sponsoring this post!
I absolutely love stir fries. We do some iteration of a stir fry weekly because I basically make them based on what ingredients we have. Or, what veggies look like they’re on their way out.
I love pasta with red sauce, but sesame oil pasta is a totally different ballgame. I love the savory nature of it.
Noodles with sesame oil and a little soy sauce is magical. Plus, stir fry noodles and veggies works with just about anything and can be totally customized to your liking.
It also works well for an easy Thursday night dinner idea.
Ingredients For Chicken Egg Noodle Stir Fry
- noodles (egg noodles, soba noodles or any noodles you have)
- 2 Naked Truth Chicken flame grilled sous vide chicken breasts
- red pepper
- soy sauce
- sesame oil (love adding this to my pantry must haves)
- red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds
Naked Truth Chicken is a large company out of Georgia. The reason we really love them is because they produce quality food in a humane way without antibiotics, growth hormones or other animal by-products.
They bring Good Agricultural Practices (G.A.P.) Step 2 rated chicken products to all who seek them, meaning they have gone through voluntary audits that verify their meats are produced, packed, handled and stored as safely as possible.
Plus G.A.P. requires every farm to be re-audited every 15 months to stay certified, so it’s not just a one-time process. I greatly respect this company!
In terms of ingredients, you can, of course, substitute the red pepper and broccoli for other veggies you may have on hand. Canned or frozen both work great in this versatile stir fry!
If you don’t have a wok, I highly suggest getting one. It’s very beneficial for stirfries because it helps to fit all of the ingredients in.
Secondly, it provides room to shake, flip and stir the ingredients, while still keeping everything hot.
We love stir fries for so many reasons, but mostly because they are:
- Easy and convenient
- Quick (for those busy weeknights with kids activities)
- Appeal to busy families and kids
- Great for post workout (refuel for your training!)
- Ready in under 30 minutes
What is Sous Vide Cooking and Is Sous Vide Safe?
If you’ve never heard of sous vide, it’s basically a french technique of cooking that cooks food by vacuum-sealing it and immersing it in warm water.
Since the food is cooked at a consistent temperature, it ensures that your food will be cooked perfectly every time. We have never had a problem with the Naked Chicken Sous Vide Chicken Breasts – they’re perfectly delicious each time! And preseasoned, so the work is done for you.
Sous Vide cooking is very safe! The precision temperature control makes it safer than some other methods of cooking.
How To Make Stir Fry Egg Noodles with Chicken
It’s super easy, and because the sous vide chicken is already cooked, it’s a breeze to reheat them!
So, to cook the chicken, you’ll bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, and then turn the heat off, add the sous vide chicken breasts, and cover it. Leave them in there for 15 minutes and then you’re all set! It’s so hands-off.
I like to start sauteing the sesame oil once the chicken is done and cooling. The noodles quick very quickly (especially if you have a wok) so no need to start when you boil the chicken.
After adding your sesame oil, add your sliced peppers and broccoli. If you’re using frozen veggies, just account for a few more minutes of sauteeing to warm them up! I like to add a little salt and pepper here, and it’s optional to add some red pepper flakes.
Next, add in your noodles of choice. I chose egg noodles because they cook quickly and I love their flavor and texture.
Lastly, add in your diced chicken. You’ll also add some soy sauce, red pepper flakes (optional) and sesame seeds, as well as your fresh ginger. Mix it all together in your wok or skillet to get all the flavors to mesh.
And just like that, you’re done with your chicken and egg noodle stir fry.
How To Keep Stir Fry Vegetables Crisp
Everything cooks very quickly, so you can use medium-high to high heat for the entire process of this veggie and noodle stir fry. This is especially important if you’re using frozen vegetables.
This quick cooking method will help keep everything crisp and light in this chicken stir fry with egg noodles dish.
If you don’t have sous vide chicken, we also love to pair these oven baked kabobs over these egg noodles.
Can I Use Other Types of Noodles?
You can use soba noodles, buckwheat noodles, fettuccine, linguine or spaghetti, but note it may take a little longer to cook.
How Long Will This Cooked Chicken Stir Fry with Egg Noodles Last in the Fridge?
This recipe is super easy to double or triple, so we make extra to freeze. It can be an easy freezer meal for new moms.
For food safety’s sake, you should plan to use the leftovers within 3-4 days in the fridge. I don’t think you’ll have trouble using them up, though!
Want more easy weeknight recipes?
- Easy veggie pasta bake
- Mango quinoa salad
- Chicken apple sausage sheet pan dinner
- Ground turkey sweet potato burgers
- Quinoa turkey casserole
- Sweet potato black bean nachos
- 2 Naked Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- ½ medium red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets (frozen is fine)
- 16 ounces egg noodles, or noodles of choice
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp fresh ginger root, peeled and diced
- Sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by boiling your sous vide Naked Chicken. Fill a stockpot with 4 quarts of water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Once water reaches a rolling boil, turn off heat source and place Naked chicken fillets (still in their individual sous vide bags) into water for 15 minutes.
- After15 minutes passes, take out the chicken and let stand 2 minutes before cutting.
- While you are waiting for the chicken to cool, add sesame oil to wok or skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sliced red pepper and continue to saute, adding a little salt and pepper.
- Next, add broccoli and add egg noodles, cooking according to package instructions.
- When chicken is done boiling, let it cool and cut it into strips or smaller bite sized pieces. Add cut chicken into wok and mix with everything. Next, add red pepper flakes, soy sauce, fresh ginger root, sesame seeds and additional salt and pepper, to taste. Add more oil if needed, keeping the heat at medium.
- Lastly, add soy sauce and more sesame oil to pan and coat everything together, topping with sesame seeds, and additional red pepper flakes, salt and pepper if desired.
Store in refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
To freeze, store in airtight container for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 589mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag #bucketlisttummy on social media and leave a review of the recipe!
What do you like to add to your stir fries?