If you’re looking for the best stocking stuffers for runners, this post is for you. With fun ideas ranging from gifts for runners under $20, to some more expansive ideas, read on for some RUN-spiration!
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more here on our Disclaimer and Privacy Page.
Christmas shopping can be fun, if it’s something your into. But if you don’t know what to buy the person you’re shopping for, it can be difficult, to say the least.
Let’s say your shopping for a friend or family member who loves running, but you’re not so much of a runner.
These ideas for stocking stuffers for runners can appeal to all runners, no matter the level or pace.
As a runner myself, I can vouge that each of these carefully picked items is important or helpful in some way, or can add excitement or practicality to our days and workouts.
If you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to read through each of these, here are my top considerations for stocking stuffers:
- UCAN powder – This is great for hydration and electrolytes, and is very easy on the stomach no matter the type of runner you’re shopping for. It keeps for a long time, mixes with water, and has fun flavors!
- Orgain protein powder – Since I’m a dietitian, I think mostly about food and recovery, but protein powder is essential for the recovery process. Many runners skip the post-run snack or meal, so this makes it easy!
- Resistance bands – Runners are notorious for not doing enough stretching or strength work and these are my favorite resistance bands. They are great for traveling and getting some strength, mobility work in in front of the tv!
- Lululemon Belt Bag – Love the everywhere belt bag as well as the sleek fast and free running belt. It doesn’t bounce!
- GPS Watch – Small but mighty gift that will keep on giving for runners training for a new PR. I’ve always loved and used Garmin but people love COROS!
- Aaptiv Virtual Workout Classes – Aaptiv is affordable and has classes for outdoor running and lots of cross training activities, from the comfort of your own home!
Best Stocking Stuffers for Runners
As a Registered Dietitian, I have a tendency to think alot about food and fueling for runners, since it’s typically underemphasized. So, snacks are always a great stocking stuffer for runners!
1. Snack and Food Ideas for Runners
Any of these healthy snacks for athletes are great options, and here are some personal favorites.
- UCan – the hydration mixes are stellar, and I love the bars and protein mix too.
- Chews or gels – Any runner is always in need of these. They can add up quickly and are an important part of marathon training nutrition. For more info, check out the best chews for running.
- Protein powder – A small tub of protein powder or a mix is a great recovery choice for runners and can fit in most stockings!
- Meal delivery – I love both Freshly and Blue Apron, but there are so many options! Here’s a roundup of meal delivery services for athletes.
Runners are snackers and having a way to contain those snacks is important!
I love using these stashers for snacks, freezer baked goods, and on the go stuff. I even use it for half of an avocado or chopped onions or anything like that.
So convenient and environmentally friendly.
I prefer a neutral or gray color so they always match with any outlandish colors or outfit I may be wearing.
I’ve become a big believer in resistance bands and use them so much now to compliment my strength workouts. These can also be used when stretching and for mobility.
These are a great purchase for any runner or athlete, especially for any upper body workout for runners.
I always bring them when I’m traveling so I don’t neglect that strength!
5. Foam Rollers
Foam rolling for runners is very beneficial, and also a great way to improve mobility, blood flow, recovery and reduce muscle soreness.
This bag is great for when you’re running or exercising and want to hold your keys, cards, cash, etc.
It’s also stylish to wear around the house or for errands!
Water bottles are always an elusive category because I struggle to find the best one to like and recommend.
8. Reflective Vest
Reflective Vest and Gear – Safety is so important, especially now that many hours of the day are dark. A reflective vest is a must for you early morning risers.
I also use a headlamp on my dark morning runs, since I’m accident prone to tripping. You too?
I can’t imagine running on trails or on dark streets without it!
I love how this functions as an ear warmer and way to keep hair out of your eyes. On those hot sweaty runs, I need something to tame my hair and this is great!
It can soak up sweat and moisture too.
11. Sports bras
I can never get enough sports bras. My absolute hands down favorite is this Lulemon Wunder Train bra. I wear it for nearly every race and long run.
I also love:
Yogatoes are a great option for all runners as they can help with flexibility and toe pain.
I would think these would also be helpful for plantar fasciitis.
Who wouldn’t want a warm and stylish beanie for those cold weather runs? Love this one from lululemon!
14. Running Sunglasses
Knock around Sunglasses are great for running, exercising, the beach, etc. I really love their colors and designs. Plus, you don’t have to fret if you break or lose a pair since you’re not paying an arm and a leg for them.
You can activate Birdie’s LOUD siren and flashing strobe-light to create a diversion and to help deter an attack if you feel threatened.
With all of the scary stories in the running world, especially around women, this is super important!
Daily Motivational Quotes
These 365 Days of Motivational Quotes are fun for any runner! I think we all need some motivation, especially on those days when we don’t feel like running.
I hope these awesome stocking stuffers for runners are helpful and spark some ideas for the runners in your life!