Apple Cinnamon Bread is the best cinnamon apple bread recipe around. It’s a combination of a tasty potato bread with an apple cinnamon loaf. It’s fluffy and moist, and is ready in under an hour.
As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m no stranger to the game of sweet potatoes, but I feel like it’s easy to neglect white potatoes. While they may get a bad rap in the nutrition world, they are a very nutrient-dense, healthy carbohydrate choice.
And I may be surprising you by saying that they make a lovely addition to this moist apple cinnamon bread!
Yes, this apple cinnamon loaf is made using potatoes, making it a delicious whole wheat potato bread recipe.
Since I had so much success and deliciousness with my healthy sweet potato bread, I figured I would test my hand at a white post bread recipe as a post-workout snack.
What Else In This Apple Cinnamon Loaf?
Here are the wholesome ingredients we’re using to make this tasty apple cinnamon quick bread.
- coconut oil
- greek yogurt
- whole wheat flour
- oats (you can grind your own in a blender or buy this)
- maple syrup (my favorite brand to pair with apples)
- baking powder
- baking soda
If you wanted a gluten free potato bread recipe, you could use a combination of oat flour and a gluten free flour. I did not test this tough.
I know what you’re thinking….Potatoes in Bread??
Absolutely! They add a whole new dimension to the texture.
How To Make Homemade Apple Potato Bread
Making this potato apple bread is very easy.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9×5 bread pan.
- Mix egg, mashed potatoes, coconut oil, greek yogurt and maple syrup. Whisk.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour through baking soda).
- Mix wet into dry ingredients, adding in chopped apples last.
- Bake for 47-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Is Potato Bread Healthy?
Because people have a skewed view of potatoes in general, they tend to think a potato bread recipe may not be the healthiest.
In fact, this apple quick bread recipe with potatoes is very well-balanced. There is ample fiber and carbohydrates from the oats, potatoes and whole wheat flour, plus protein, calcium, and probiotics from the yogurt.
Plus, provide several nutrients, like potassium, Vitamin C and B-Vitamins, which help produce energy you need to perform your best.
Tips for Making Apple Cinnamon Bread:
- The best apples for baking are firm tart and firm sweet apples. They produce a moist apple loaf, like in this recipe. I like gala, fuji or granny smith, but choose your favorites!
- To store this homemade apple cinnamon bread, let it cool completely and store in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to two days. You can also refrigerate it, and it will last up to 4-5 days.
- This whole wheat potato bread with apples tastes great with peanut butter slathered on. Butter or nutella would also be delicious!
Can You Freeze This Cinnamon Apple Bread Recipe?
Yes, this cinnamon apple bread recipe works great for freezing, so later you can thank yourself.
Once it cools completely, place in a freezer-friendly bag or plastic wrap. I like to pre-slice it ahead of time and freeze in a few different bags for easy reheating.
To reheat, let thaw before serving, or heat up in the microwave or toaster. Slather with butter or peanut butter. Enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked russet potatoes, mashed, (about 2 medium)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt, I used fat-free
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oat flour (oats grinded into flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 medium apples, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- To a small bowl, add the egg, mashed potatoes, coconut oil, greek yogurt and maple syrup to a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- To another bowl, add flour, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix the dry into the wet ingredients, folding the apples in last.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 47-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Nutiva Organic Non-GMO Unrefined Granulated Coconut Sugar, 1 Pound (Pack of 3)
- Arrowhead Mills Flour Oat Organic, 16 oz (2 Pack)
- Carrington Farms gluten free, hexane free, NON-GMO, free of hydrogenated and trans fats in a BPA free bottle, liquid coconut cooking oil, unflavored, 16 Fl Oz
- Butternut Mountain Farm, 100% Pure Maple Syrup From Vermont, Grade A, Amber Color, Rich Taste, All Natural, Easy Pour Jug, 32 Fl Oz, 1 Qt
You May Like These Other Quick Bread Recipes:
- Banana Chia Bread
- Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bread
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Healthy Sweet Potato Bread with Blueberries
What’s your favorite quick bread flavor?