Chocolate Pomegranate Bites are the best little healthy and filling pomegranate snack recipe. Not only are these chocolate date energy balls full of antioxidants, but these date energy bites are gluten-free and can be made vegan.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more here on our Disclaimer and Privacy Page.
These dark chocolate pomegranate bites are so good, and insanely easy.
Made with naturally-sweetened dates, these date cocoa energy balls are full of phytonutrients and minerals to give you that spark of energy in the afternoon.
And, while I’m a huge peanut butter lover, these chocolate and date balls with pomegranate aerils are one of few energy ball recipes without peanut butter that I stand by.
I chose to use sunflower seed butter for these, so if you have a nut allergy, you can still enjoy these chocolate pomegranate bites.
Why You’ll Love Chocolate Date Energy Balls
- Great way to enjoy pomegranate aerils – These juicy, yet tart, seeds are so fun! If you find yourself wondering, “What can I do with pomegranate seeds?” look no further and save these chocolate date energy balls for any time. And if you’re looking for a recipe to use pomegranate juice, make these recovery tart cherry gummies!
- Full of antioxidants – While they’re incredibly tasty, know that you’re also getting a slew of antioxidants from the pomegranate seeds, cocoa powder, dates and more.
- Great Travel Snack – These date power balls are very portable, making them a great travel snack! Traveling for the holidays? Check out my favorite road trip snacks for kids.
- High in fiber – The dates, hemp seeds and oats provide necessary fiber, which helps with feeling full, stabilizing blood sugar, and digestion. Great for kids!
- Great before or after a workout! These easy chocolate energy balls are the perfect power-food to hold you over between meals, or serve as a pre/post-workout snack, thanks to their combination of carbs, protein and antioxidants.
- Healthy Thanksgiving snack – I don’t know about you, but when I’m prepping food all day for the holidays, having some healthy snacks on hand is key. This is one of our favorite kid friendly thanksgiving treats.
- Easy to freeze – Because you can freeze these chocolate date energy balls so easily, they make for great lactation snacks (oats are a galactagogue that help with milk production!) and freezer snacks for postpartum.
Ingredients For Chocolate Pomegranate Bites
These Chocolate Pomegranate Energy Bites are addicting, I’ll just go ahead and tell you that now.
They are pantry items that I always have on hand.
- Food Processor (I love this one)
- Sunflower seed butter (or any choice of nut butter)
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Cocoa Powder
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Hemp or Flax Seeds
How to Make Chocolate Date Oat Balls
My favorite part about these chocolate date oat balls is that they are truly satisfying.
To make, you’ll simply just blend everything together in your food processor. If the mixture feels too dry, add water by the tablespoon.
I love no bake recipes so much for that reason, and these date energy bites with pomegranate seeds are no different.
Plus, these oatmeal date energy don’t need to be baked so you can have a quick snack when you want them. They make for the perfect holiday snack!
FAQ and Tips
Store these in the fridge for up to 5 days. No fancy mechanisms needed!
Yes, you can freeze them. Another reason why they are a personal favorite over here. They will last up to 6 months in the freezer!
You may enjoy some of these other recipes!
- Sweet Potato Coconut Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Chia Balls
- Fudgey Coconut Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
- Lemon Protein Bites
- No Bake Carrot Cake Bites
More Holiday Recipes
- Crockpot Gingerbread Oatmeal
- Cranberry Pomegranate Baked Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Raisin Peppermint Cookies
- Sheet Pan Maple Roasted Vegetables
- Cod Sliders with Cranberry Chutney
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate aerils
- Add all ingredients (dates through hemp seeds) except pomegranate seeds to a food processor and pulse 5-7 times before letting the processor run.
- Process until one large energy ball forms and rolls around the blade.
- Remove ball from processor and roll into 12-16 small, bite-size energy balls. Add pomegranate seeds last.
- Move to the freezer or fridge for 15 minutes to set. This makes them easier to roll.
- Enjoy and store leftovers in refrigerator or freezer.
To soften dates, let soak in warm water for 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Joolies - Organic Medjool Dates, Whole (14 Ounce) - 2 Pack, California Grown, Good Source of Fiber
Sunbutter B41295 Sunbutter Natural Sunflower Seed Spread - 16oz
Organic Maple Syrup - 32 Oz. Jug - 100% Pure Canadian Maple Syrup - Small Family Farm Sourced - Grade A: Amber Rich Taste - Non-GMO, Healthy and Gluten-Free
Nutiva Organic Raw Shelled Hempseed from non-GMO, Sustainably Framed Canadian Hemp, 19 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g