Healthy carrot cake bars are a delicious carrot cake bars recipe made with a raisin and date puree, shredded carrots, peanut butter and oats. They make for a family friendly snack any time of year and taste just like carrot oatmeal raisin bars!
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.
Whether you enjoy carrot cake for Easter or not, these no bake carrot cake bars are healthy and worth enjoying as a snack any time of year. Healthy no bake snacks come in handy when energy is low but you want something quick.
Ingredients For Carrot Oat Bars
Have you ever tried the carrot cake lara bars? I was inspired to make my own after instantly falling in love with them!
You’ll be pleasantly surprised how easy these carrot oat come together. Here’s what you’ll need:
And obviously, as you probably could have guessed, since there is no baking (or eggs) involved, you can enjoy these vegan carrot cake bars as you go.
That’s how I “test” my recipes.
How to Puree Raisins
This recipe is unique in that we’re upgrading the typical date puree. I pureed dates and raisins together to combine natural sweeteners.
To process these carrot cake snack bars, you will need a food processor or at the very least, a mini food processor.
Always remember to soften the dates in water, if need be. I tend to forget that step. Then, add raisins and softened pitted dates to the food processor and pulse until combined. Then, add shredded carrots and pulse.
Then, you’ll add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined. Transfer it to a baking pan with parchment paper and put it in the freezer to firm up.
Then you’re good to go! I think adding the raisin puree really sets these carrot cake oatmeal bars apart.
I’ve always been jealous of people enjoying the typical carrot cake. Carrot cake is typically made with walnuts, and I’m allergic to walnuts.
So, yeah, I’ve never been able to enjoy it. I wish I could though because I’m a sucker for cream cheese frosting. I almost just want to make this a carrot snack cake and rather than cutting the bars, top them with frosting. There you have it.
I tend to just make my own carrot cake recipes, like these carrot oatmeal raisin bars.
I really enjoy these healthy no bake carrot cake bars because they are quick and easy, just how I like my snacks.
- How Do You Store These Healthy Oatmeal Raisins Bars? Just store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days. You can also keep them in the fridge (for up to 7 days) or freezer (up to 3 months). These bars also make for easy road trip food ideas.
- Can You Freeze These Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Bars? Yes! I like to just take them out of the freezer and let them thaw for 10 minutes before enjoying. Slater with peanut butter or frosting, as desired.
- Are These Carrot Cake Granola Bars Okay for Kids? They work perfectly as a kid-friendly snack. There’s no added sugars, and the natural sugars come from dates and raisins. They are also high in fiber, and get healthy fat and protein from peanut butter. There’s nothing not to love about carrot oatmeal bars.
- Can You Add Icing to Carrot Cake Snack Bars? Totally! If you wanted to add a vegan icing, you could mix powdered sugar, vegan butter, vanilla extract and a plant-based milk. Here’s a run down of how to make it.
I like offering these no bake carrot bars to my daughter, Camryn, because she can eat them as we go along, and it’s a new way for her to eat carrots. Plus when she hears healthy carrot cake bars, the cake part gets her excited – just like with healthy banana oatmeal cookies!
We typically don’t shred carrots much otherwise, so this is a fun new way to present (new) vegetables.
Carrot Oatmeal Raisin Bars are a delicious carrot cake bars recipe made with a raisin and date puree, shredded carrots, peanut butter and oats. They make for a family friendly snack any time of year!
- Soak dates in water to soften them, if needed.
- Add softened and pitted dates to food processor and pulse until chopped and combined. Add raisins and shredded carrots and pulse a bit more.
- Add 1 ¼ cup of rolled oats, coconut oil, peanut butter, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to processor.
- Pulse for 2-4 minutes, or until all ingredients are mixed and well combined.
- Transfer to bowl and mix with remaining cup of rolled oats until oats are soaked into date and raisin mixture.
- Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer mixture to pan and push down evenly.
- Transfer to freezer for 45 minutes to firm up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BetterBody Foods Organic Virgin Coconut Oil — Cold-Pressed and Unrefined Coconut Oil, Medium Temperature Cooking Oil, Great Alternative To Butter, Light Coconut Flavor and Aroma, 56 Ounce
Kirkland Organic Creamy Peanut Butter U.S. Valencia Peanuts 28 Ounce Each Jar 2 Pack
Hamilton Beach (70730) Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper with Bowl Scraper, 10 Cup, Electric
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
If you give these a try, please rate and review the recipe. I’d love to know what you think!
You May Also Like These Easy No Bake Recipes:
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Homemade Trail Mix
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Pudding
- Chocolate Pomegranate Energy Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Balls