Almond Flour Banana Muffins are gluten free, dairy free and make for the perfect snack for before or after a workout or for the kids. You can whip these easy banana muffins up in less than 30 minutes without any oil or added sugars!
Originally Published October 2017 || Updated December 2019
It’s a happy morning because I’m starting my morning with Almond Flour Banana Bread Muffins. If we’re being honest, I’ve also been ending my day with these almond butter muffins, too.
Aside from eating muffins all weekend, we entertained both nights. We had our neighbors over for dinner one night, and my parents stopped in the other. They hadn’t seen Camryn since Thanksgiving, and she has all sorts of new tricks now that she showed them.
Oh, and now all the banana muffins with almond butter are gone. Cue the tears.
What Do You Need To Make Gluten Free Banana Oatmeal Muffins?
This banana muffins recipe with almond flour is super easy to make. The next time you have ripe bananas and find yourself searching for a banana muffin recipe with almond flour, make these!
Here’s what you need to make the best almond flour banana muffins recipe:
- Almond Flour (My two favorites are Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour and Anthony’s)
- Oat Flour (oats grinded into flour or you can buy this) for the fluffy part!
- Eggs (I didn’t test these as vegan muffins, but I assume you could use a flax egg to make it vegan)
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This helps the muffins rise!
- Almond Butter
- Almond Milk
- Chocolate Chips
Are Almond Flour Banana Muffins Healthy?
Yes, in may ways.
- These gluten free banana muffins with almond flour are refined sugar-free. We can thank the wonderful ripe bananas for adding some natural sweetness to these banana almond butter muffins
- They have a real almond flavor from almond butter and almond flour. And extra nutrients!
- The oat flour keeps these gluten free banana oat muffins extra soft and fluffy, with a perfect gooey inside and soft finishing texture.
- Since almond flour packs a little more protein than regular all purpose, whole wheat and coconut flour, these almond butter muffins also have more protein than competitors.
Are These High Protein Muffins?
Each gluten free banana muffin has 8 grams of protein, so yes, this is a high protein muffin recipe. Great for keeping you full and satisfied (my favorite for that nagging nursing hunger!)
I don’t like the taste of protein powder in my muffins so having high protein muffins without protein powder is a huge plus.
Almond Butter Muffins Are So Versatile for Snacks
Who doesn’t like banana almond flour muffins, especially when they’re bursting with chocolate, banana and almond butter flavors?
I don’t know about you, but those are some of my favorite flavor combinations and this gluten free banana muffin recipe combines them all.
Plus, best of all, they’re ready in 30 minutes and kid-friendly. We take them in the car on the way to events, practices, school, daycare and more. Almond flour banana muffins are the best portable snack!
For more kid friendly snacks and muffins, check out this toddler snacks roundup.
We’ve been going through these really fast in our house. Like grab a couple when in the kitchen and walking out the door, gone in 1-2 days fast. Last week it was coconut flour chocolate chip cookies, this week it’s these.
Almond flour banana oatmeal muffins are perfect for a grab and go breakfast and make for high protein breakfast muffins, with 8 grams of protein each!
We can also all use portable snacks to fuel throughout the day. Even Camryn loves them and they have been perfect muffins as baby led weaning muffins and now toddler muffins.
I know some parents prefer to wait on certain ingredients for kids, but banana muffins made with almond flour are an easy way to introduce nuts through nut flour. As the most recent research shows, introducing allergens earlier rather than later may help reduce the risk of food allergies.
Personally, I find them to be best before or after a workout, packed with energizing complex carbohydrates and quick-acting bananas.
Other Mix In Ideas For This Almond Flour Banana Muffins Recipe
There are plenty of other ingredients you could add to these almond flour healthy muffins. Some of my favorites include:
- Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries)
- Pumpkin puree instead of banana
- Flax seeds or chia seeds
- Mini chocolate chips
- Any nut butter (DIY salted peanut butter would be delicious!)
My favorite way to enjoy these banana almond meal muffins is with melted butter or more nut butter. Banana muffins with almond butter are nothing to contend with!
How To Store Banana Oatmeal Almond Flour Muffins
These easy gluten free banana muffins are fantastic for meal prep because they will last all week.
Store them in a cool, dry place for up to 3-4 days.
You can also freeze them if desired, for up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray
- In large bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, mix together mashed bananas, eggs, ACV, vanilla extract, almond butter, almond milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool. They will harden slightly but they will still have a chewy soft texture, due to the almond meal/flour
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 8g
More Healthy Snack Recipes You May Like
- Strawberry Chickpea Flour Muffins (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato and Zucchini Muffins
- Nut Free Protein Bars
- Pumpkin Hemp Bars
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Bites
- No Bake Peanut Butter Trail Mix Bites
As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. I continue to reinvest in the blog with the small amount I do earn so this content can remain free to you. Thank you!