Almond Flour Banana Muffins are gluten free and the perfect portable snack, ideal for before or after a workout or for the kids. You can whip these easy banana muffins up in less than 30 minutes without any oil or added sugars!
Originally Published October 2017 || Updated December 2019
It’s a happy morning because I’m starting my morning with Almond Flour Banana Bread Muffins. If we’re being honest, I’ve also been ending my day with these almond butter muffins, too.
Aside from eating muffins all weekend, we entertained both nights. We had our neighbors over for dinner one night, and my parents stopped in the other. They hadn’t seen Camryn since Thanksgiving, and she has all sorts of new tricks now that she showed them.
Oh, and now all the banana muffins with almond butter are gone. Cue the tears.
What Do You Need To make Almond Flour Banana Muffins?
This banana muffins recipe with almond flour is super easy to make. The next time you have ripe bananas and find yourself searching for a banana muffin recipe with almond flour, make these!
Here’s what you need:
- Almond Flour (My two favorites are Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour and Anthony’s)
- Oat Flour (oats grinded into flour or you can buy this) for the fluffy part!
- Eggs (I didn’t test these as vegan muffins, but I assume you could use a flax egg to make it vegan)
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This helps the muffins rise!
- Almond Butter
- Almond Milk
- Chocolate Chips
These gluten free banana muffins with almond flour are refined sugar-free, too. Of course, you can add maple syrup if you want a sweeter flavor, but the ripe bananas and almond butter do it for me.
They just have the perfect gooey inside and soft finishing texture.
And since almond flour packs a little more protein than regular all purpose, whole wheat and coconut flour, these almond butter muffins also have more protein than competitors.
What Makes Almond Butter Muffins So Healthy and Delicious?
- Almond meal banana muffins have no oils and are free of refined sugar. We can thank the wonderful ripe bananas for adding some natural sweetness.
- They have real almond flavor from the almond butter and almond flour. And extra nutrients!
- The oat flour helps keep them soft and fluffy!
Who doesn’t like banana almond muffins, especially when they’re bursting with chocolate, banana and almond butter flavors?
I don’t know about you, but those are some of my favorite flavor combinations and these healthy almond flour muffins combine them all.
Plus, best of all, they’re ready in 30 minutes and kid friendly.
We take them in the car on the way to events, practices, school, daycare and more. Almond flour banana muffins are the best portable snack!
For more kid friendly snacks and muffins, check out this toddler snacks roundup.
These almond banana muffins are the perfect snack or dessert, alongside a scoop of peanut butter and/or ice cream or yogurt!
We’ve been going through these really fast in our house. Like grab a couple when in the kitchen and walking out the door, gone in 1-2 days fast.
Muffins made with almond flour are perfect for a grab and go breakfast.
We can also all use portable snacks to fuel throughout the day. Even Camryn loves them and they have been perfect muffins as baby led weaning muffins and now toddler muffins.
I know some parents prefer to wait on certain ingredients for kids, but banana muffins made with almond flour are an easy way to introduce nuts. As the most recent research shows, introducing allergens earlier rather than later may help reduce the risk of food allergies.
Personally, I find them to be best before or after a workout, packed with energizing complex carbohydrates and quick-acting bananas.
Other Mix In Ideas For Banana Almond Butter Muffins
Plenty of other ideas to add into theses almond flour healthy muffins. Some of my favorites include:
- Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries)
- Pumpkin instead of banana
- Flax or chia seeds
- Mini chocolate chips
- Peanut butter instead of almond butter
My favorite way to enjoy these almond meal muffins is with MORE almond butter or peanut butter – I can really never decide.
But there’s no wrong answer, either way.
How To Store Almond Flour Banana Bread Muffins
These easy gluten free banana muffins are fantastic for meal prep because they will last all week.
Store them in a cool, dry place for up to 4-6 days. You can also freeze them if desired, for up to 3 months.
More Healthy Snack Recipes
- Here are 42 healthy baby muffins and toddler muffins!
- Strawberry Chickpea Flour Muffins (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato and Zucchini Muffins
- Vegan Protein Bars
- Pumpkin Hemp Bars
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Bites
- No Bake Peanut Butter Trail Mix Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray
- In large bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, mix together mashed bananas, eggs, ACV, vanilla extract, almond butter, almond milk.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool. They will harden slightly but they will still have a chewy soft texture, due to the almond meal/flour
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 8g
Pin it for Later
Almond butter or peanut butter? I love both, as long as they’re drippy!
Chocolate chips or PB chips? Chocolate chips
As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. I continue to reinvest in the blog with the small amount I do earn so this content can remain free to you. Thank you!