Do you guys ever get those cravings for tuna? ‘Cause I do.
Until this day, I’ve only had tuna with swiss cheese. I was missing out all this time on tuna WITH FETA CHEESE! They go really well together, trust me. And now, you don’t have to miss out on the combo any longer. Hopefully you weren’t losing too much sleep over it.
Skip the mayo - this tuna with greek yogurt helps prevent that dry tuna taste, and the combination of feta cheese and dill spices brings out a refreshing flavor!
- 1 can tuna
- 1-2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic
- ½ tsp dill weed
- 1 whole wheat wrap or flatbread, or 2 pieces sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- ½ apple, optional
- Toppings: avocado, tomato
- Mix the tuna, greek yogurt, lemon juice, mustard and spices in a bowl.
- Open your flatbread (or sandwich) and place bed of arugula on the bottom.
- Layer your tuna salad mixture on top. Top with tomato, avocado and cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 1236mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 13gSugar: 11gProtein: 34g
If you’re a tuna lover, these pictures don’t do the taste justice. Next time, I need to make this on a nice, starchy Kaiser roll so there’s more bread for this tuna goodness.
I even added apple pieces the second time around for a little crunch (since I didn’t have celery) and it added just that little bit of sweetness that it needed.
I’ve had it in a pita and on toast. I really can’t decide which I like better!
How do you like your sandwiches? Pitas, wraps, paninis, toasted bread, buns?