Lemon Blueberry Overnight Oats are a light and fruity make ahead breakfast. You’ll want to make these every week!
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more here on our Disclaimer and Privacy Page.
I’m a sucker for overnight oats, especially in the spring and summer months. They’re cold and ready for me when I wake up.
Oh, and did I mention they pair well with hot coffee?
They are so versatile, too, meaning there are so many ways you can prepare them. While I love some cookie dough overnight oats, these are a bit more light and airy.
The lemon adds a nice, subtle tartness that balances with the sweet blueberries.
Another favorite make ahead breakfast are my high protein overnight oats. I love those in the fall with crisp apples, and these lemon overnight oats in the spring and summer.
I never thought about lemon overnight oats until I recently had a lemon blueberry breakfast cookie from a local bakery.
The combination was so good that I immediately knew I had to create this in creamy, overnight oat fashion.
I must be in a lemon phase, because I’ve been craving these lemon protein balls lately too.
No, I’m not pregnant, although this is a great healthy and nutrient-rich healthy breakfast for pregnancy.
Lemon Blueberry Overnight Oats Ingredients
You’ll want to make these delicious lemon blueberry overnight oats with yogurt each week, especially when you see how easy they are.
You likely have many, if not all, of these ingredients already!
Overnight oats are soft and creamy for babies, and offer nothing hard for choking hazards. You may want to cut the blueberries though. Make sure to use full fat yogurt and milk!
- Blueberries – fresh or frozen both work!
- Lemon – The lemon zest is important for the perfect blueberry lemon oat flavor. The juice from the lemon also adds the perfect tartness to complement the suitness from the syrup and berries.
- Greek yogurt – I always use greek yogurt for the best creaminess
- Milk of choice – I prefer cows milk or soy milk for the protein
- Chia seeds – These help thicken and “gel” the oats. I also like to add flax seeds.
- Maple syrup – For a very subtle sweet addition. You could also use honey.
- Coconut flakes – I mostly use these as a topping because coconut complements lemon blueberry very well, but they are optional.
I’m a big fan of chia seeds, I add them to pretty much every breakfast option. See more about the benefits of
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats
This healthy blueberry lemon overnight oats recipe is pretty minimal. Switch things out or omit what you don’t have.
Simply mix all of your ingredients in a mason jar or tupperware of your choosing. You can easily double or triple the recipe this way.
If you’re feeling fancy, split up the oats with a layer of blueberries and yogurt in between. I promise you won’t regret it.
Then, you’ll throw them in the fridge overnight, and you’ll have delicious blueberry chia overnight oats with lemon by the morning.
- To make this healthy blueberry overnight oats recipe vegan, swap the dairy milk with soy milk or your favorite non-dairy milk. Coconut yogurt can be a great alternative to greek yogurt. You can also omit the yogurt entirely but I really love the creaminess it adds.
- If you like vanilla, use vanilla greek yogurt or cottage cheese for a blueberry lemon cheesecake oats recipe.
- Fun add in’s – flax seeds, hemp seeds, cocoa nibs, vanilla extract, chocolate chips or chunks, jelly or jam, raisins. I always add a big scoop of nut butter, too!
- Don’t have lemon zest or too lazy to do it? Replace with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract or two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- If you want to make in bulk (a few servings at time), I like to double or triple the recipe and just mix it all in a large square tupperware container. Store in the fridge and take out as needed.
- Because the prep is so minimal, I love putting these in the fridge the night before a morning run – they make a great pre-run breakfast or even a healthy snack for athletes.
How long are overnight oats good for?
When stored properly (in airtight containers), lemon overnight oats should last up to 5 days. I usually make 2-3 days worth at a time in mason jars, so they are easy to grab and go!
I have noticed that the longer they sit in the fridge, the softer they get, which is good if you like them creamy! However, too long may lead to the separation of the oats and liquids, so give them a stir before enjoying.
You can always add toppings when you do plan on enjoying them so they taste fresh and crisp!
Do overnight oats have to be made overnight?
Many people ask how long do the overnight oats take to set? You want to allow a minimum of 3-4 hours for the oats to set.
I typically make them the night before and just let them set overnight in the fridge.
- Turmeric Oatmeal
- Meal Prep Oatmeal Ideas
- Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
- Leftover Oatmeal Cookies
- Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or large Tupperware container, stirring so the ingredients disperse evenly. Add extra blueberries on top, if desired.
- Put jars in the fridge overnight or for at least 3 hours, allowing the overnight oats to “set” and thicken.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Organic Maple Syrup - 32 Oz. Jug - 100% Pure Canadian Maple Syrup - Small Family Farm Sourced - Grade A: Amber Rich Taste - Non-GMO, Healthy and Gluten-Free
Nutiva Organic Premium Black Chia Seeds, 32 Ounce
Naked Protein Powder Blend - Egg, Whey and Casein Protein Blend
Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Coconut Flakes, 1 Lb - Medium Flakes | Perfect for Baking | Making Coconut Milk
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 11gSugar: 32gProtein: 33g