This Strawberry Baked Oatmeal is a healthy summer oatmeal staple. This meal prep oatmeal is great for saving time, and you’ve never tasted a baked oatmeal with strawberries like it before!
Strawberry season is upon us! If you’ve ever been to a strawberry patch, you know how hard it is to not pick way too many berries.
Of course, with kiddos, most don’t actually make it into the bucket. Even with all of the “free samples” you get, there’s always the question of what to do with all those sweet strawberries after you get home.
We are suckers for summer strawberries in our house. We go through them SO quickly. Since they’re a great finger food for babies and toddlers, Hannah and Camryn both love them.
Peep the little hand…This recipe is kid-friendly and they’ll have fun mixing, mashing, and picking out the perfect berries to add to their oatmeal.
And now with this healthy strawberry oatmeal, you have a go to way to enjoy this popular summer fruit.
Of course, you can also freeze them for later, or even make strawberry chia jam. We’re all about finding fun ways to use up all of these fresh summer berries.
This baked strawberry oatmeal recipe is the perfect way to use up summer berries. Bonus points for getting the kids involved to help.
I also ate a lot of this as a healthy snack while breastfeeding.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
Here’s what you’ll need for the best baked oatmeal with strawberries.
- Oats- rolled or old-fashioned both work!
- Baking powder
- Milk- I used 1%, but any variety will work.
- Maple syrup – You can leave this out, or reduce, to make it less sweet
- Vanilla extract
- Banana- Ripe bananas are much sweeter in baked goods. Use browning, spotted bananas if you have them.
How To Make Baked Strawberry Oatmeal
You’ll mix your dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls and then mix them until combined.
Then, gently mix in the mashed banana and strawberries.
Spread the oatmeal mixture into a 2 quart pan. For a pretty topping, slice some of the strawberries lengthwise and place them on top of the oatmeal.
Bake at 30-35 minutes. Super easy!
It can easily be prepped the night before – see notes below for directions.
Optional Mix-ins or Toppings
You can add endless toppings or mix-ins to change up this baked oatmeal with strawberries and bananas.
If you want to add some extra staying power, you can add nuts, nut butter, or seeds for a protein and healthy fat boost!
Here are a few possibilities of things to add to your strawberry banana oatmeal:
- Seeds – pumpkin, flax, chia, hemp
- Nut butter, such as cinnamon peanut butter, almond, sunflower, or even sesame for a nut-free option
- Chocolate chips (we love these dairy free ones) or cocoa nibs
- Shredded coconut
- Fruit or other berries for a triple berry baked oatmeal
- Butter, ghee or coconut oil
- Yogurt or cream cheese for a strawberry cheesecake oatmeal flavor
- Homemade granola – we love the crunch from protein granola or maple cinnamon granola
Get as crazy and creative as you want. I love to buy my favorite seeds and toppings in bulk from Thrive Market.
How to Meal Prep Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries
One of the best things about strawberry banana oatmeal how easy it is to use for simple meal prep. If you want freshly baked oatmeal but don’t want to go through the hassle of mixing and getting the kitchen messy in the morning, just prep the night before.
Combine all of your ingredients and spread them in the pan. Instead of immediately baking it, cover the pan and put it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Then bake as directed.
That way, the labor is done, and you can still enjoy it fresh and hot in the morning.
How to Store Healthy Baked Oatmeal
This baked oatmeal with strawberries is the perfect meal prep oatmeal to make once and enjoy all week.
Once cool, cover and place in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Warm before eating. You can add a little milk if it seems too dry.
Looking for Other Oatmeal Recipes? Try one of the delicious oatmeal recipes below!
- Sweet Potato Oatmeal Bake with Blueberries
- Apple Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Crockpot Gingerbread Oatmeal
- Cranberry Pomegranate Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Peach Steel Cut Baked Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups uncooked rolled or old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 mashed banana for 1 sliced banana
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat the inside of a 2 quart baking dish with butter, oil or non-stick spray.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon).
- Beat in milk, eggs, sweet potato, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Mix all ingredients together, saving blueberries for last to prevent staining and/or crushing, and spread inside the dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until oats are tender and moisture has been absorbed.
- Drizzle with a little maple syrup, to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Viva Naturals - The BEST Tasting Organic Cacao Nibs, 2 lb Bag…
Carrington Farms Flax Chia Blend, Gluten Free, USDA Organic, 12 Ounce
Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Chocolate Mini Chips, 10 Ounce, Pack of 2
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts Shelled Hemp Seeds, 24oz; 10g Plant-Based Protein & 12g Omegas per Serving, Whole 30 Approved, Vegan, Keto, Paleo, Non-GMO, Gluten Free
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s your favorite way to use strawberries?