Sweet Potato Vegan Edible Cookie Dough is the perfect appetizer for your sweet tooth. This vegan cookie dough recipe is made with natural ingredients and goes perfectly with fruit, chocolate and graham crackers, making it one of the best healthy vegan desserts!
I’m excited to share this no bake cookie dough with you today. Vegan and gluten free cookie dough is easy and is great for snackers and those with a sweet tooth!
Why I Love This Vegan Edible Cookie Dough
Sometimes you just want a healthy edible cookie dough, not just a cookie. Right? That’s why vegan chickpea cookie dough is the answer!
As someone who can hose down some raw cookie dough, I knew for food safety’s sake that I needed a vegan cookie dough recipe, especially when pregnant or breastfeeding. According to the CDC, raw dough (and even raw flour!) can contain harmful bacteria, like E. Coli, that cause disease.
With a vegan chickpea cookie dough dip, there’s no question about eating raw dough.
The best part about this gluten free edible cookie dough is that it’s ready quickly (only 10 minutes) when the craving for healthy cookie dough dip strikes!
What Do You Need To Make This Healthy Edible Cookie Dough?
- sweet potatoes
- maple syrup (I recommend Grade A) – I think the maple syrup is key, but if you don’t have any, you could use sugar
- peanut butter (you’ll want a drippy one)
- almond milk
- chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate chips to keep this vegan).
The oats are great for thickening this chickpea cookie dough dip up, while providing some protein and extra fiber. Plus, the sweet potatoes offer Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
It’s great as a sweet potato dessert healthy enough for all people. And as long as you use certified gluten free oats, this is also a gluten free edible cookie dough.
How To Make Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough
To make this sweet potato vegan chocolate chip cookie dough, you’ll first start by cooking your sweet potatoes and letting them cool. I prefer to microwave them, then peel the skin once they cool.
That’s what makes this vegan cookie dough recipe the best. Sweet potato paleo cookie dough almost feels like you’re eating chocolate chip cookies in dough form.
Other Tips For This Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe
- Make sure to rinse your chickpeas – You can reduce the sodium by up to 25% by doing so.
- If the vegan cookie dough dip seems dry at first, you can add some almond milk (by the tablespoon).
- Add the chocolate chips in last as a topping, or omit them if you want to reduce the sugar content.
- For the best flavor, I recommend 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter. Do more if you like it creamier.
What Should You Eat Sweet Potato Cookie Dough With?
I think we can all agree that when a craving strikes, we want something instantaneous, which is why NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH wins out.
You don’t want to have to turn the oven on, take out a baking sheet, wait for the oven to pre-heat, etc.
Cravings come on quick and you need to be prepared, like with easy edible cookie dough.
I love to use vegan cookie dough as a “sweet hummus recipe” and dip crackers or graham crackers into it.
You can also use it as a sweet fruit dip (you know those cream cheese cookie dough dip things, right?). It’s a delicious fruit dip!
Lastly, you can just make it no bake dessert! As a gluten free sweet potato dessert, it’s full of nutrition.
Can You Freeze Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough?
Yes! Place your healthy cookie dough dip in an airtight container and stick it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Otherwise, store this dairy free cookie dough dip in the fridge. After a day or 2, it will become a little more like edible raw cookie dough in texture and consistency.
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 3-4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk (optional, if dry)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life are vegan)
- Cook sweet potatoes and let them cool.
- Drain beans and mix all ingredients in a strong blender or food processor and blend, adding chocolate chips in last.
- Enjoy! Serve with fruit, chocolate, graham crackers, are as a topping on oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 365mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 9g
If you think sweet potatoes are only made for fries, you obviously haven’t tried this sweet potato bread, sweet potato burgers or breakfast veggie casserole. This was my first time making a healthy sweet potato dessert recipe, and I think I’ll be doing this again.
Other Vegan Desserts You May Like:
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Pudding
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
- Healthy Fruit Pizza (gluten free but it does use eggs and yogurt)
- Tropical Banana Chia Pudding – great for breakfast, as a snack or dessert!
As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. I continue to reinvest in the blog with the small amount I do earn so this content can remain free to you. Thank you!