This edible pumpkin spice cookie dough is hard to resist! Made with just a handful of pantry staples, you’ll have the best pumpkin cookie dough for fall.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more here on our Disclaimer and Privacy Page.
Taking a page from my sweet potato cookie dough book, I figured this fall weather called for a delectable pumpkin spice cookie dough.
And this recipe doesn’t disappoint – because, really, who doesn’t enjoy edible pumpkin cookie dough?!
While pumpkin is a fall staple, it’s really one of those ingredients you can use year-round since it’s so nutritionally sound.
Make this pumpkin cookie dough recipe for your Halloween party, but make it in the winter and spring too.
It’s a great vegan fall recipe, but more so, a great dip for fruit, graham crackers or eating on its own.
This recipe is one of my favorite healthy after school snacks for the kiddos.
I also love to mix it with greek yogurt for a protein boost.
Pumpkin puree is a magical ingredient to upgrade many recipes.
Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough Ingredients
This vegan pumpkin cookie dough just needs a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry!
- pumpkin puree
- peanut butter (I always recommend drippy peanut butter)
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- spices – cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt
How to Make Edible Pumpkin Cookie Dough
What makes this an edible pumpkin cookie dough is the fact that we don’t use any eggs – it’s completely vegan!
I love to taste as I go, and sweeten or pumpkin-ify (that’s a word) as necessary.
In fact, they’re like vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in dough form – the best thing.
It could also be used as ready-to-bake pumpkin cookies, I’m sure.
I’d have to play around with the baking and timing since the dough is thick. But, with pumpkin, anything is possible!
I love my Ninja because it has both in one.
Just add your ingredients there and blend.
Taste as you go – some people like it sweeter (add more maple syrup) and some like it less sweet.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to use pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling. Both come in orange cans in the grocery store.
- While the ingredient list is minimal to begin with, if you’re not vegan or don’t use maple syrup, honey is a great replacement.
- If your batter seems too dry upon mixing in the high speed blender, feel free to add 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk. I usually add slowly.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can make your own with a blend of cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Or, to keep it simple, just add more cinnamon and nutmeg. Use more pumpkin pie spice for a stronger pumpkin flavor.
- You can freeze this vegan pumpkin cookie dough for later! Just store it in a glass tupperware and defrost overnight in the refrigerator when you’re ready to enjoy.
You may enjoy some of these other recipes!
- Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
- No Bake Cookie Dough Bites
- Leftover Oatmeal Cookies
- Coconut Flour Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 3-4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk (optional, if dry)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life are vegan)
- Drain beans and mix all ingredients in a strong blender or food processor and blend, adding chocolate chips in last.
- Enjoy! Serve with fruit, chocolate, graham crackers, or as a topping on yogurt, fruit, etc.
Add 1-2 Tbsp of almond milk if the batter is dry upon mixing.
*To freeze, store in a supperware or freezer safe container, and thaw upon enjoying.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ninja Professional Countertop Blender with 1100-Watt Base, 72oz Total Crushing Pitcher and (2) 16oz Cups for Frozen Drinks and Smoothies (BL660)
Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Chocolate Mini Chips, 10 Ounce, Pack of 2
Beyond Good Pure Vanilla Extract | Madagascar Vanilla Extract | Made from All Natural Bourbon Vanilla Beans | For Baking, Desserts, Home Cooking and Chefs (2 fl oz)
Kirkland Organic Creamy Peanut Butter U.S. Valencia Peanuts 28 Ounce Each Jar 2 Pack
Organic Maple Syrup - 32 Oz. Jug - 100% Pure Canadian Maple Syrup - Small Family Farm Sourced - Grade A: Amber Rich Taste - Non-GMO, Healthy and Gluten-Free
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 481mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 7gSugar: 25gProtein: 11g