Air Fryer Pizza Bites
Don’t discount these air fryer pizza bites! Made with pepperoni, peppers, crescent rolls and cheese, these air fryer pizza crescent rolls are a family-friendly, easy and quick meal.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more here on our Disclaimer and Privacy Page.
If you’ve never made Air Fryer Pizza Bites, you’re in for a treat today!
Pizza bites in the air fryer are SO much better than in the oven.
They are much quicker and crispier, without all of the oil.
There are endless reasons why you’ll love these homemade pizza rolls in the air fryer too, especially if you have kids who love pizza.
What kids don’t love pizza, by the way?
It’s one of my secret sauces for flavoring other foods, like these Quinoa Pizza Bites. Pizza flavor is just the best!
I wasn’t sure if air fryer pizza crescent rolls would work, or if they would hold up.
But, they worked perfectly, so now I’ll just need to make sure that I always have some Pillsbury crescent rolls on hand.
Why We Love Pizza Bites in the Air Fryer
- Less mess! With kids, you want to minimize any mess and the air fryer keeps things contained.
- It’s quick! These are ready in 5-7 minutes in the air fryer – record time when the kids need a quick toddler meal or snack.!
- Less oil and fat – The air fryer only requires a small amount of oil or cooking spray, making these lower in saturated fat.
- Easily customizable – Want more veggies? Great! You could add greens, onions, etc. Or, keep them out and just make extra air fryer pepperoni rolls. Great for crowds!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pizza Bites
Here’s what you’ll need to make these pizza bites in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer – It doesn’t have to be super fancy. This one works just fine!
- Crescent rolls – Why make this harder than it needs to be? Just use a container of Pillsbury crescent rolls, keep it simple!
- Pizza sauce – You need about 1/4-1/3 cup. You could also use pasta or tomato sauce.
- Pizza seasoning – I used a blend, but you could also use or combine Italian seasoning, garlic, oregano and/or basil.
- Shredded cheese – We used mozzarella, but stick with what you have or like. Blending a few options together would probably be delicious.
- Pepperoni – If you want to reduce the fat, opt for turkey pepperoni over beef. We always try to find nitrate-free options.
- Bell pepper – I love a blend of diced red and yellow peppers, but green would work too!
How to Make Air Fryer Pizza Crescent Rolls
First, you’ll want to separate your crescent dough into 8 triangles.
When folding it out, start from the small side and fold toward the larger end of the triangle.
Cover each triangle with 1-2 Tbsp pizza sauce. Next, add pepperoni, diced pepper, and shredded cheese, or any toppings you want to add.
I love to add a bit of butter or oil below the pizza sauce for a burst of flavor!
Add any spices on and place in your air fryer, set to 360. I fit about 4 at a time there, you don’t want to overcrowd them.
How long do you put pizza rolls in the air fryer for?
Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until done. You’ll know they are done when they are golden brown on top and the cheese is melted!
Then, you’ll repeat for the 4 other bites.
Plus, in the summer months, save your energy and don’t heat up the house. The air fryer gets these done quickly and efficiently.
AIR FRYER ESSENTIALS – I love to keep some go-to’s on hand for my air fryer recipes. Here’s what I recommend using:
Fast Instant Read Thermometer – You’ll use this more than you know! It works for meat on the grill or stove or oven, too. It’s super fast and the large screen is easy to read.
Reusable Air Fryer Liners – I love these for easy cleaning! Plus, they’re silicone and come with magnetic cooking times, which is so helpful.
Plate Gripper – This is great for HOT things when they come out of the air fyer. Take care and don’t burn yourself!
What to Serve with Homemade Pizza Rolls
These are a tasty snack and could be paired with instant pot meatballs or a lovely vegan couscous salad or hummus pasta salad for a more complete meal.
Make sure to let air fryer crescent rolls cool completely. You can store them all together in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
You can freeze these air fried crescent rolls for later! Just store them in a stasher bag, freezer friendly container or ziplock bag for up to 3 months. To thaw and reheat, microwave at 30 second intervals until they reach your desired temperature and the cheese is melty again. If you want them crispy again, you can stick them in the toaster oven or oven under broil for a few minutes.
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these crescent pizza rolls in the oven! Set the oven to 350 and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Air Fryer Sweet potato wedges
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Air Fryer Tempeh
- Best Air Fryer Parsnips
- Air Fryer Bison Burgers
Air Fryer Pizza Bites
Don't discount these air fryer pizza bites! Made with pepperoni, peppers, crescent rolls and cheese, these air fryer pizza crescent rolls are a family-friendly, easy and quick meal.
- 1 container Pillsbury crescent dough
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese or cheese of choice
- 1/3 cup sliced pepperoni
- ¼ cup diced pepper
- 1/4 tsp pizza seasoning – or oregano, basil, Italian seasoning
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles by folding it out carefully.
- Then, fold the large dough into 8 small triangles. When folding, start from the small side of the triangle and fold up towards the larger side.
- Cover each triangle with 1-2 Tbsp pizza sauce. Next, add pepperoni, pepper and shredded cheese, or desired toppings. Place layer of butter/oil or spices on if desired.
- Set and heat air fryer to 360 degrees. Lightly coat the bottom of the air fryer pan with oil or spray, and arrange 4 crescent roll pizza bites onto sheet, taking care that they don’t touch.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes*, or until done (golden brown on top and cheese is melted).
- Repeat for the other 4 pizza bites.
* Check your instruction manual for your air fryer. Depending on the model, the timing may vary slightly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Tag @BucketListTummy on social media and Rate the Recipe
Love this post – Pizza is an all-time Fave!