These toddler snack ideas can help add fruits and veggies to your picky toddlers’ diet, while still tasting good. As parents, we know easy toddler snacks are the best!
We are always looking for healthy and easy toddler snack recipes. Kids can be on one day and off another – you just never know. So, it’s good to have a variety of healthy snacks for toddlers ideas on hand!
Like right now, Camryn loves pomegranate seeds, apples, rice crisps, and puffs for her favorite easy toddler snacks. She used to love these toddler cookies I was buying, but not so much currently.
So, I recently asked some blogging friends to help provide some inspiration, and got a great response of about 50 to share with you!
These healthy snacks for toddlers and preschoolers not only look good but they taste delicious.
And best of all? They’re all toddler friendly, but also adult and family friendly.
Because to instill a good relationship with food for your little ones, they want to see you eating some of the same foods. I promise, I’m STILL working on a post about this for you guys.
You know, they want to feel like the big kids. But, as a parent, you can know these are nutrient dense options, too!
What Should Be Included In Healthy Snacks For Toddlers?
Sometimes, making sure that you’re toddler is eating healthy food can be difficult. Let’s face it, toddlers are picky eaters, and sometimes their likes and favorites change by the day.
And it’s really through no fault of their own – they’re exploring the world.
New senses, new tastes and so many NEW things happening every day. Sometimes, food is the last thing on their mind.
But, with these easy toddler snacks, you can sneak in veggies and fruit. Minimal ingredients, healthy treats, and you can eat them too. So, what’s not to love?
A healthy snack for a toddler should have some carbohydrate, and maybe a bit of protein or fat.
For adults, I always recommend at least two food groups for a satiating snack (For example, string cheese + fruit, or nuts + raisins). Similar idea for toddles in that I try to pair a few food groups.
When I can, I’m also a fan of including a fruit or veggie into a toddler snack recipe, too!
And if you have a child (like mine), who loves muffins, don’t forget to check out my 40+ healthy baby muffins roundup – great for toddlers, too.
Toddler Friendly Snack Recipes
I can’t wait to share these toddler muffin recipes, toddler energy bites and healthy toddler cookies with you.
I know I need some inspiration for new snack ideas for Camryn, and these are great!
Muffins are a perfect toddler friendly snack because they’re portable and easier for smaller hands to handle. They are healthy toddler snacks on the go, since we all know toddlers don’t sit still for long.
Plus, muffins are an easy vehicle to add fruits, veggies, and/or healthy fats to, so healthy muffins for toddlers are our favorite.
Get inspired by these ideas for veggie muffins for toddlers, and muffins sweetened with fruit.
Many of these also check the box for gluten free toddler snacks.
- Strawberry Banana Chickpea Muffins (Gluten Free)
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Savory Muffins with ham, corn and cheese
- Healthy Toddler Muffins
- Banana Oat Muffins
- Healthy Muffins for Kids
- Pancake Muffins with Raspberry and Chia Jam
Veggie Muffins For Toddlers
- Spinach Banana Muffins
- Spinach Muffins (chocolate muffins with a hidden veggie! You can’t taste the spinach but it makes them bright green and oh so much fun)
- Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bread (to make into muffins, just increase the temperature to 375 and decrease cooking time to 18-22 minutes!)
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Toddler Bars, Cookies & Energy Bites
- Oatmeal Toddler Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Bars
- Peanut butter protein balls
- Gluten Free energy bites
- Salted Caramel Chia Oat Bites
- Sweet Potato Baby Led Weaning Cookies
Looking for vegan snacks for kids? These no bake PB& Cherry Energy Bites fit the bill!
Sweeter Toddler Snacks (Sweetened with Fruit or Honey)
Even the pickiest of eaters love a good pizza- and even more when you can turn it into a dessert!
These fruit dessert recipes are the perfect mix of healthy and delicious.
- Fruity dessert pizza with peanut butter glaze
- Fruit pizza with cream cheese
- Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow recipe
- Strawberry Yogurt Bark
- Chocolate Hummus
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Applesauce
- Mini Apple Pizza
- Crockpot Applesauce <– Camryn LOVES applesauce so how fun to make this with her!
- Another tasty chocolate hummus
- Yogurt Unicorn Bark
- Fruit Kabobs with Peanut butter dip
- Homemade Chunky Applesauce
- Tropical Orange Fruit Snacks – yummy homemade toddler fruit snacks!
- Gluten Free Sweet Tortilla Pizza
- Rice Crispy treats with puffed rice cereal
Smoothies, Dips and Finger Foods for Toddlers
To round this selection of easy toddler recipes, I wanted to go with a few side dishes and finger foods for toddlers. These type of recipes are versatile and fun, plus they’re easy to hold.
You can also try a few of these recipes for your next holiday or family party for a crowd-pleasing menu.
- Frozen baby food dots
- Spinach sweet potato tater tots
- DIY Strawberry Yogurt
- Broccoli bacon tots
- Sweet potato quinoa bites
- Creamy cheesy vegetable quinoa bake
- Healthy Sweet Potato Zucchini Nuggets
- Sweet Potato Hummus
- Salmon zucchini cakes
- Avocado slices
- Airfryer carrots
- Kale and Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
- Air fryer cinnamon maple carrot fries
- Air fryer Parmesan crusted chicken tenders
- Baby cereal pancakes
- 10 fun and creative iterations of ants on a log
- Sweet potato hash
- Sweet potato beet smoothie
- Mini chicken quesadillas
- Basic fruit smoothie
- Healthy Plaintain Chips
- Air Fryer Apple Chips
What are your favorite easy toddler snack ideas you make at home?