Air fryer sweetpotato wedges are incredibly easy and ready in 20 minutes – With crispy edges and a soft, naturally sweet inside, you’ll never want to make sweetpotato wedges any other way!
This post is sponsored by NC Sweetpotatoes as part of a long term partnership.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more here on our Disclaimer and Privacy Page.
Crispy sweetpotato wedges in the air fryer are extra delicious. Make these easy wedges or just take my word for it.
We love cooking sweetpotatoes any way (here are some awesome ways to use sweetpotatoes), but this air fryer method is so quick and easy, it may be my new go-to.
The air fryer has become quite the convenient little appliance in our house. The end texture is fantastic and the cleanup is minimal.
You can even make things from frozen, like these air fryer frozen green beans, which comes in handy when you forget to prepare a veggie or something.
The air fryer sweetpotato wedges have a different texture than if you were to bake sweetpotato wedges – they maintain crispy edges, but soft and mushy on the inside with a burst of natural sweetness. Kind of like another favorite – these butternut squash fries in the air fryer.
Plus, with these sweetpotato wedges in the air fryer, you have more control of the amount of oil you’re using, which is less overall.
Why You’ll Love Sweetpotato Air Fryer Wedges
- Pair well with anything – In my post about what to eat with sweetpotatoes, I break down how nearly any food or entree pairs perfectly with the right spices and blends. This healthy side dish can be served with any main dish.
- Perfect texture – With crispy edges and a natural sweetness and softness on the inside, the hot air in the air fryer makes these air fryer sweetpotato wedges the real deal. This allows you to use less oil and have a healthier outcome!
- Kid friendly – Don’t all kids love fries and wedges? Air fryer sweetpotatoes wedges are well-loved by all three kiddos in this house! And if you’d rather make crispy sweetpotato fries, make sure to cut the sweetpotatoes into thinner fry shapes, rather than wider wedge shapes. Both are great options for the whole family! My husband proclaimed that these were his favorite crispy air fryer sweetpotato wedges, and my four-year-old said, “Mom, these are actually really really good!”
- Great for babies and toddlers – Since sweetpotatoes are naturally sweet, easy to hold, and go with so many things, they can be a great healthy finger food for toddlers! So many ways to incorporate sweetpotatoes into veggie recipes for toddlers.
- Perfect snack – We’re all about including veggies in snacks, especially back to school snacks. This helps reduce picky eating when vegetables are served in fun ways. This is one of my favorite healthy snacks for picky eaters! Sweetpotatoes are high in antioxidants, fiber, and Vitamins A and C, so a healthy alternative to regular fries.
- Serve with fun dips! – Ketchup, ranch, honey mustard, hummus, and guacamole are all great, but use your favorite dipping sauce. Recently, I’ve been serving with my spinach pesto without nuts and it’s just a new savory flavor combination that I can’t put down! Herby and fresh.
Ingredients for Seasoned Sweetpotato Wedges
Here’s the short list of ingredients you need to make the best, most perfectly crisp air fryer sweetpotato wedges.
- 2-3 medium to large sweetpotatoes – A large sweetpotato can be easier to cut into wedge shape.
- avocado oil or olive oil – You can also canola oil or vegetable oil, or use an oil spray but check with your air fryer directions/guide just in case.
- spice blend – paprika, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, sea salt, parsley (or any herb for garnish)
You can also make your own spice blend. Garlic powder and onion powder are always favorites on the sweetpotato skin.
If you like things a little spicier, consider cayenne pepper, chili pepper or some diced jalapenos.
I made the super easy dipping sauce for these sweet potato wedges by mixing equal amounts of mayo and ketchup, a personal favorite of mine.
AIR FRYER ESSENTIALS – I love to keep some go-to’s on hand for my air fryer recipes. Here’s what I recommend using:
Fast Instant Read Thermometer – You’ll use this more than you know! It works for meat on the grill or stove or oven, too. It’s super fast and the large screen is easy to read.
Reusable Air Fryer Liners – I love these for easy cleaning!
Plate Gripper – This is great for HOT things when they come out of the air fryer. Take care and don’t burn yourself!
Tongs – Tongs can be helpful for transferring seasoned items and then hot items after cooked in the air fryer.
How to Make Air Fried Sweetpotato Wedges
To make these seasoned sweetpotato wedges, start by preheating your air fryer to 380 deg. Farenheit.
While it’s preheating, grab a cutting board and cut your sweetpotatoes. I prefer to cut them into a wide wedge shape and put them in a large bowl.
Add your oil and spices into the mixing bowl, mixing it all around.
You only need a little bit of olive oil or your choice of oil. A little goes a long way!
Then, I like to use tongs to transfer the wedges to the air fryer basket, arranging them in a single layer.
You may have to do a second batch since you don’t want them smothering each other.
Let them cook for 16-17 minutes, flipping halfway. To flip, I give the air fryer tray a little shake and rearrange them.
Make sure your wedges are in an even layer and aren’t touching too closely or overlapping – give them space to breathe so they crisp up.
These crispy sweetpotato wedges are seriously among one of my favorites in terms of savory sweetpotato recipes!
Air fried sweetpotato wedges pair well with nearly any entree you’re serving up!
Each air fryer may be a little different in terms of timing, however, I would try the upper range, 16-17 minutes, if you would like crispier wedges. Also, make sure they aren’t overlapping or touching each other too closely when cooking.
Yes, you certainly can! Bake at 400-425 for 20-30 minutes or until your desired crispness. Make sure to flip halfway when cooking.
To store air fried sweetpotato leftovers, let them cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, place back in the air fryer at 380 for up to 10 minutes, or reheat in the oven.
- 2-3 medium sweetpotatoes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic (or 2 garlic cloves)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- parsley or basil, for garnish
Dipping sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp mayo
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Cut sweetpotatoes into wedge shape and place in mixing bowl.
- Add avocado oil and spices and toss well, making sure to coat sweetpotato wedges evenly.
- Transfer wedges to air fryer basket (you may need to do this in two batches so they aren't over-crowded). Be careful not to stack them all on top of each other, you want a flat layer.
- Cook for 14-17 minutes, flipping the wedges halfway during baking.
- Let cool and garnish with herbs of choice - I like parsley or basil.
- Pair with mayo-ketchup dipping sauce, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Digital Meat Thermometer, Waterproof Instant Read Food Thermometer for Cooking and Grilling, Kitchen Gadgets, Accessories with Backlight & Calibration for Candy, BBQ Grill, Liquids, Beef, Turkey…
Stainless Steel Kitchen Tongs, Hiash 16 Inch Extra Long Scissor Tongs with Comfortable Handle for Barbecue Grilling
Air Fryer Paper Liners, 125PCS Non-stick Disposable Liners, Baking Paper for Air Fryer Oil-proof, Water-proof, Food Grade Parchment for Baking Roasting Microwave (8inch-Square)
Ninja AF101 Air Fryer that Crisps, Roasts, Reheats, & Dehydrates, for Quick, Easy Meals, 4 Quart Capacity, & High Gloss Finish, Grey
AmazonFresh Avocado Oil, 16.9 fl oz (500mL)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 734mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
Support Bucket List Tummy