Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- August 29, 2022
- Last Updated: February 13, 2023
- 0 Comments
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are an easy way to cook turkey burgers in a perfectly juicy way! Pair them with your favorite side or french fries for a delicious meal.
We love turkey burgers in our house but there’s always a fear that they’ll be dry. Ground turkey doesn’t have a reputation for being as juicy or delightful as ground beef or even chicken.
That’s why I love pairing ground turkey with sweet potatoes, like in these sweet potato turkey burgers. The sweet potatoes help the burgers maintain a nice moistness and juiciness.
I also combine sweet potatoes in these baby turkey meatballs for the same reason, as well as it provides some Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
But now, since cooking turkey burgers in the air fryer, I don’t really have to worry about that anymore.
Turkey burgers in the air fryer are cooked to perfection (and the minimum 165 degrees farenheit – check with your food thermometer!), and you can even toast the bun if you’d like to!
I’ve really come around to feeling pretty comfortable with my air fryer – it has so many uses and really changes the texture of things.
Try making sweet potato wedges in the oven and then make these air fried sweet potato wedges – a world of difference!
If you don’t think you’re a tempeh fan, give crispy air fryer tempeh a try and let me know if it changes your mind.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
If you bought pre-made or pre-formed turkey burgers from the grocery store, you’re good to go! Otherwise, if you’re making your own turkey patties, here’s what you’ll use:
- Ground Turkey – I used 85% lean, as this is what I prefer and typically find at my grocery store
- 1 large egg – This is for binding and keeping our air fryer turkey burgers together.
- Spices/seasonings – I love the blend of garlic powder, italian seasoning, and ground ginger. However, your own blend, or things like paprika, onion powder, herbs and the like can all bring out so much flavor also.
- Breadcrumbs – I think these are necessary for adding extra crisp and texture! Plus, they help bind the egg and hold everything together.
- Burger toppings – Your typical lettuce, onion, tomato, buns, are all options here. Get as creative as you’d like!
If you’re looking for a bolder burger option, try my air fryer bison burgers.
AIR FRYER ESSENTIALS – I love to keep some go-to’s on hand for my air fryer recipes. Here’s what I recommend using:
Fast Instant Read Thermometer – You’ll use this more than you know! It works for meat on the grill or stove or oven, too. It’s super fast and the large screen is easy to read.
Reusable Air Fryer Liners – I love these for easy cleaning! Plus, they’re silicone and come with magnetic cooking times, which is so helpful.
How to Make Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
Ground turkey in the air fryer is easier than you might think!
First, you’ll set your air fryer temperature to 360 degrees. While all air fryers are different, this seems to work for most. However, check your instructions or booklet (if provided) where they give sample ranges for different meals.
In a medium to large bowl, add ground turkey, egg, breadcrumbs and seasonings and mix well with your hands.
Place the burgers inside the air fryer, making sure they are not overlapping. It’s okay if they touch a little bit.
Set your timer for 13-15 minutes!
Before enjoying, make sure you test the internal temperature of your burgers for food safety. Use a good food thermometer to do so.
Tips for Making Juicy Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
My main tip for maintaining juicy turkey burgers in the air fryer is make sure they don’t stack or overlap when in the air fryer. You should be able to fit 3-4 burgers, depending on the size of your patties.
It’s okay if the sides touch, but don’t place or stack them on top of each other – this will ruin the integrity of your burgers.
If you want a melty cheese and toasted bun, try this method after your turkey burgers are cooked.
Assemble your burgers, meaning add the buns and cheese, and place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes with the air fryer turned off.
How long to cook turkey burgers in the air fryer?
My air fryer turkey burgers have always come out perfectly in that 13-15 minute range. However, it may depend on the air fryer you have and how thick your patties are.
Make sure to use a good food thermometer to test the internal temperature after cooking. For food safety, you want the turkey burgers to reach 165 degrees F!
Can I make frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer?
To adjust for frozen turkey burgers, you’ll want to cook for 15 minutes in the air fryer. When cooking frozen, I also prefer to flip them halfway so they cook evenly through.
If you’re looking for some great side dish ideas to go with the burgers, try these out:
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
Air Fryer turkey burgers are juicy, quick and tasty. Make these to perfection every time!
- 1 lb ground turkey (I used 85% lean)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 4 Buns, optional
- 4 Slices Cheese, for topping
- Set air fryer temperature to 360 degrees.
- In a medium to large bowl, season ground turkey and mix other ingredients in with your hands
- Form into 4 medium sized patties
- Place turkey burgers inside air fryer but do not stack them or overlap. Set timer to 13-15 minutes.
- Check that burgers are done and internal temperature reaches 165.
- If you’d like to add bun and melted cheese to burgers, assemble patties on buns with cheese and place back into air fryer for 1-2 minutes, with air fryer turned off.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 569Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 194mgSodium: 555mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 42g
Tag @BucketListTummy on social media and Rate the Recipe