Easy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are an easy way to cook juicy ground turkey burgers! Pair them with your favorite side or french fries for a delicious meal.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more here on our Disclaimer and Privacy Page.
We love healthy turkey burgers in our house but there’s always a fear that they’ll be dry.
Ground turkey doesn’t have a reputation for being as juicy or delightful as ground beef or even chicken. But, I promise you my tips to make juicy air fryer turkey burgers will change your mind!
That’s why I love pairing ground turkey with sweetpotatoes, like in these sweetpotato turkey burgers. The sweetpotatoes help the burgers maintain a nice moistness and juiciness.
I also combine sweetpotatoes in these baby turkey meatballs for the same reason, as well as it provides some Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
But now, since cooking turkey burgers in the air fryer, I don’t really have to worry about that anymore. The air fryer offers such a perfect texture that you don’t get on the stove or in the oven.
Try making sweet potato wedges in the oven and then make these air fried sweetpotato wedges – a world of difference!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Cooked to perfection – Homemade turkey burgers in the air fryer are perfectly juicy and cooked (and the minimum 165 degrees Fahrenheit – check with your food thermometer!), and you can even toast the bun if you’d like to!
- Great for meal prep – Make a bunch all at once and freeze for later if you need to. Ground turkey air fryer burgers make a weeknight dinner that much easier.
- Quick – Your new favorite ground turkey patties are ready in just 15 minutes, my definition of an easy meal.
- Can cook from frozen – Whether you’re using pre-formed patties or frozen turkey burgers, you can still follow the exact recipe.
- Healthy for the family – Using lean ground turkey keeps the calories and fat content lower, but even a higher fat ground turkey works just as well. If you want to omit the bun, try lettuce wraps, a lower carb tortilla, or enjoy them bun-less!
- Easy to personalize – Have a make-your-own toppings bar is a family favorite in our house, so everyone can add their favorite toppings. It’s a blank slate!
- Pairs well with everything– Chips, bread, rice, pasta, etc. Air fried turkey burgers are one of my favorite options for what to eat with sweetpotatoes.
Ground Turkey Burger Ingredients
If you bought pre-made or pre-formed turkey burgers from the grocery store, you’re good to go! Otherwise, if you’re making your own ground turkey patties, here’s what you’ll use.
- Ground Turkey – I used 85% lean, as this is what I prefer and typically find at my grocery store. You can use ground beef to make beef burgers, or for a fun swap, try my favorite air fryer bison burgers.
- 1 large egg – This is for binding and keeping our air fryer turkey burger recipe together.
- Air Fryer liners – These are so helpful for quick cleanup!
- Spices/seasonings – I love the blend of garlic powder, italian seasoning, and ground ginger. Ginger being the secret ingredient for flavor. However, making your own blend, or things like paprika, chili powder, onion powder, herbs, Worcestershire sauce and the like can all bring out so much flavor also.
- Bread crumbs – I think these are necessary for adding extra crisp and texture on the outside with a juicy burger on the inside. Plus, they help bind the egg and hold everything together.
- Burger toppings – Your typical lettuce, red onion, tomato, buns, are all options here. Get as creative as you’d like with your favorite toppings.
AIR FRYER ESSENTIALS – I love to keep some go-to’s on hand for my air fryer recipes. Here’s what I recommend using:
Fast Instant Read Thermometer – You’ll use this more than you know! It works for meat on the grill or stove or oven, too. It’s super fast and the large screen is easy to read.
Reusable Air Fryer Liners – I love these for easy cleaning!
Plate Gripper – This is great for HOT things when they come out of the air fryer. Take care and don’t burn yourself!
Tongs – Tongs can be helpful for transferring seasoned items and then hot items after cooked in the air fryer.
How to Make Ground Turkey Burgers in Air Fryer
Ground turkey in the air fryer is easier than you might think and only requires a few simple steps.
First, you’ll set your air fryer temperature to 360 degrees. While all air fryers are different, this seems to work for most. However, check your instructions or booklet (if provided) where they give sample ranges for different meals.
In a medium to large mixing bowl, add fresh ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs and seasonings and mix well with your hands to form burger patty.
Place the burgers inside the air fryer, making sure they are not overlapping. It’s okay if they touch a little bit.
Set your timer for 13-15 minutes! While the burgers are cooking, take a couple of minutes to assemble your toppings and toast the buns, if needed. Then you’ll have a family favorite meal ready to go.
Before enjoying, make sure you test the internal temperature of your burgers for food safety. Use a good meat thermometer to do so.
Make sure to scroll down for tips on how to freeze air fryer turkey burgers!
If you’re looking for a bolder burger option, try my air fryer bison burgers.
Tips for Making Juicy Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
My main tip for maintaining juicy turkey burgers in the air fryer is to make sure they don’t stack or overlap when in the air fryer.
You should be able to fit 3-4 burgers, depending on the size of your patties.
It’s okay if the sides touch, but don’t place or stack them on top of each other – this will ruin the integrity of your burgers.
If you want a melty cheese and toasted bun, try this method after your turkey burgers are cooked.
Assemble your burgers, meaning add the buns and cheese, and place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes with the air fryer turned off.
What to Pair With Turkey Burgers
Here are some of my favorite sides for air fryer ground turkey burgers. You can serve in a bun or in a flavorful lettuce wrap with a nice BBQ sauce or glaze.
- Air Fryer Parsnips
- Air Fryer Sweetpotato Wedges or Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Butternut Squash Air Fryer Fries
- Vegan Couscous Salad
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash Slices
- Gluten Free Pasta Salad
- Cinnamon Roasted Carrots
My air fryer turkey burgers have always come out perfectly in that 13-15 minute range. However, it may depend on the air fryer you have and how thick your patties are.
Make sure to use a good meat thermometer to test the internal temperature after cooking. For food safety, you want the turkey burgers to reach 165 degrees F.
Yes, you can make frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer. To adjust for frozen turkey burgers, you’ll want to cook for 15 minutes in the air fryer. When cooking frozen, I also prefer to flip them halfway so they cook evenly through.
Ground turkey burgers will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days when stored properly in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for later. To freeze, I prefer to wrap each individually in wax paper or parchment paper in a single layer so it’s easier to cook individually, as needed. You can reheat in the microwave, oven, or air fryer.
Lean ground turkey will contain fewer calories and less fat, since the meat is coming from the turkey breast, a leaner source. However, higher fat ground turkey tends to be more flavorful since there is a higher percentage of fat.
- 1 lb ground turkey (I used 85% lean)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 4 Buns, optional
- 4 Slices Cheese, for topping
- Set air fryer temperature to 360 degrees.
- In a medium to large bowl, season ground turkey and mix other ingredients in with your hands
- Form into 4 medium sized patties
- Place turkey burgers inside air fryer but do not stack them or overlap. Set timer to 13-15 minutes.
- Check that burgers are done and internal temperature reaches 165.
- If you’d like to add bun and melted cheese to burgers, assemble patties on buns with cheese and place back into air fryer for 1-2 minutes, with air fryer turned off.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 569Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 194mgSodium: 555mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 42g
Support Bucket List Tummy