Frozen cookie dough bites made with sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, peanut butter and maple syrup are the best homemade cookie dough bites. Just take them out of the freezer and enjoy these no bake cookie dough bites frozen!
We love sweet things in our house. It’s just the way it is so why try to deny it. When possible, I love to include sweet potatoes in sweet recipes since they impart a natural and delicate sweetness, plus tons of other nutrients.
And to my surprise, I don’t have any frozen sweet potato recipes on my blog, until now (although I have definitely frozen these sweet potato chocolate chip cookies) with this sweet potato cookie dough.
This cookie dough bites recipe is a continuation of my favorite vegan edible cookie dough – just frozen!
Think about it – these edible frozen cookie dough bites can be on your list of healthy freezable snacks for summer.
Who doesn’t enjoy healthy cookie dough that’s frozen? I know I’ve really raised the bar here.
Ingredients for This Cookie Dough Bites Recipe
The best part is…you probably have most of these cookie dough bites ingredients in your pantry already. They all make the list for my top pantry staples.
And I can’t think of anything better than making cookie dough frozen bites with them.
- sweet potato
- garbanzo beans/chickpeas
- peanut butter – highly recommend using salted cinnamon peanut butter!
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- milk of choice
- chocolate chips (optional but are they really?) – Enjoy Life are vegan!
How To Make No Bake Cookie Dough Bites
All you’ll do to make these delicious cookie dough bites recipe is combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender.
Blend until everything is smoothly mixed, and add the chocolate chips last.
Then, roll dough into small bites and place on a baking sheet or flat surface and place in the freezer.
After 45 minutes to an hour, they should be frozen and you can just grab a bite and enjoy.
How to Involve Kids In This Healthy Vegan Cookie Dough
I feel that it’s important that I mention this is a vegan edible cookie dough recipe, so yes, you can eat the dough. Food safety is important here!
I know my child eats the dough for any cookie I’m making, so keeping it vegan is necessary sometimes to avoid any risk of foodborne illness.
I have several sweet potato recipes for kids on the blog, and this one is no different. It makes for a great sweet potato snack for toddlers and older kids!
The rolling part can get a little messy (see the FAQs and tips below), but letting your child scoop the dough onto a baking sheet to freeze is a nice way to involve them.
If you have a child who loves snacking after dinner (like us), these also make for a great evening snack for kids.
FAQs and Tips for Frozen Cookie Dough Bites
- The Dough is Sticky, How Can I Make it Easier to Roll? Yes, the cookie dough will be sticky since it’s basically a hummus-type dip. What I’ve found to help is grinding some oats (into an oat flour) and wiping that on my hands before rolling. I also use a cookie dough scooper to place on the baking sheet.
- How To Store Frozen Cookie Dough Bites – Obviously, store them in the freezer. After rolling, I like to keep them flat on a baking sheet for a few hours. Once they’re frozen, I’ll transfer them to a ziplock bag and keep them in that.
- How Long Can You Store These Frozen Cookie Dough Bites? Up to 3 months, but judiciously speaking, I’d say a month at most. I like to store them in a freezer friendly ziplock or thesestasher bags.
- Do I Need to Thaw Them Before Eating? No, just enjoy them frozen! I mean…I guess you could let them get to room temperature? But we always just eat them frozen. With extra peanut butter on top 🙂
You may also like these kid friendly energy balls
- Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- No Bake Vegan Protein Bites
- Easy Healthy No Bake Healthy Snacks
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Balls
- Cook sweetpotatoes and let them cool.
- Drain beans and mix all ingredients in a strong blender or food processor and blend, adding chocolate chips in last.
- Roll into small bite sized balls and place on baking sheet or flat surface and place in freezer for an hour or more.
- Take bites out when ready to enjoy!
Once bites are frozen, you can transition to a ziplock bag for storage.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stasher Platinum Silicone Food Grade Reusable Storage Bag, Clear + Aqua (Pocket Size, 2 Set) | Reduce Single-Use Plastic | Cook, Store, or Freeze | Leakproof, Dishwasher-Safe, Eco-friendly | 4 Oz
Kirkland Organic Creamy Peanut Butter U.S. Valencia Peanuts 28 Ounce Each Jar 2 Pack
Organic Maple Syrup - 32 Oz. Jug - 100% Pure Canadian Maple Syrup - Small Family Farm Sourced - Grade A: Amber Rich Taste - Non-GMO, Healthy and Gluten-Free
Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Chocolate Mini Chips, 10 Ounce, Pack of 2
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g