This easy Bruschetta Chicken Sandwich will quickly become your new favorite sandwich. With melty mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and a blend of roasted and sundried tomatoes, this bruschetta chicken sandwich recipe is unlike any other!
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. You can read more here on our Disclaimer and Privacy Page.
I love chicken and melty cheese. Add in basil, sundried tomatoes, and a balsamic glaze, and you have a Bruschetta Chicken Sandwich that is out of this world.
It is amazing on sourdough bread, a Kaiser roll or any sturdy bread that you like.
I even like to slather some butter on underneath it all, and seriously, every bite is just bursting with flavor!
Why We Love Bruschetta Chicken Sandwiches
- A nice change from the boring deli sandwich – I often get in lunch ruts when working from home. It’s either leftovers from dinner, something easy (which usually entails an egg sandwich or scrambled eggs) or a turkey sandwich. All of those options are delightful in their own right, but none of them really excite me. This bruschetta chicken sandwich recipe on the other hand? It excites me like no other.
- Bursting with flavor – Just imagine melted mozzarella cheese, basil, a balsamic tomato glaze that is slightly sweet and slightly savory. Everything comes together perfectly.
- Pairs well with fries or veggies– I love to make some air fryer veggies or fries on the side. They cook while this cooks, and the total meal doesn’t take any longer! Some favorites are air fryer butternut squash fries, air fryer sweetpotato wedges or air fryer honey parsnips.
- Ready in under 20 minutes – I know a chicken bruschetta sandwich may sound complicated, but it’s really not! While the chicken is cooking on your pan, you can toast your bread and put together your balsamic glaze. Then, once the chicken is done, just layer up that sandwich. It’s so easy!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe.
- chicken breasts
- mozzarella cheese
- sundried tomatoes
- diced tomatoes
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- bread of choice – I love a Kaiser roll or sourdough bread
How to Make this Chicken Bruschetta Sandwich Recipe
Making this chicken bruschetta sandwich recipe couldn’t be easier! Season your chicken with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat, for 4-6 minutes per side.
Use a food thermometer to make sure that the interior of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
While the chicken is cooking, make your bruschetta – my favorite part. Then, you’ll top the chicken with mozzarella cheese, bruschetta and basil, and enjoy it on a nice sturdy roll.
The bruschetta is so good, I just want to add it to everything! Snack boards, charcuterie boards, salads and more.
If you enjoy baking your chicken, you can make it in the oven! I love how juicy the oven baked chicken is, like in these oven baked chicken kabobs.
But, that takes more time and this stovetop version is quick and just as delicious!
Yes, you can grill or bake the chicken for these sandwiches.
Let the chicken cool completely and store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the fridge. If making in bulk, add the balsamic glaze and toppings immediately before eating.
You may enjoy some of these other recipes!
- Chickpea Cauliflower Pitas
- Lemon Pepper Baked Chicken Tenders
- Pumpkin Chicken Chili
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan
- Eggplant Goat Cheese Avocado Sandwich
- 2 medium-sized boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes (optional)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Kaiser rolls or bread of choice
- 2-3 oz of fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into slices
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
- Pat your chicken dry and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drizzle olive oil on skillet and cook chicken over medium high heat, for 4-6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking, make your bruschetta by combining sundried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Grill or toast your rolls if desired. Add cooked chicken on top of your roll, and top with mozzarella cheese. Add the bruschetta mixture, and then garnish with basil, salt and pepper.
If you don’t have mozzarella, you can use any cheese or ¼ cup shredded cheese.
I like to grill my rolls in the oven or toaster oven with butter or olive oil for 1-2 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 797Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 1178mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 61g
Support Bucket List Tummy